Arkush: Bears not in same league as Seahawks on Friday

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 23, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,724ß
    I get your point Ric, and hope you are right and I am wrong. But I'm telling you they are a much better team than last season. They do have a better defense. The teams don't control who they play, but you CAN control how you play them. They are better on defense and healthy on offense. They look like a contender for a SB run to me. We, by comparison, don't.
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,724ß
    I think that's a great point. It would be nice if this GB/Seattle game is a fierce physical battle and a few of the GB players get dinged up a bit. I don't want to see anyone seriously hurt, but maybe Seattle can soften them up a bit for our game-4 meeting. One can only hope :-)
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    We'll see JABF, I wouldn't judge anything by pre season. I know of no analyst saying GB is making a SB run. I don't see them hanging at all w/SF and Sea and Philly, but if you go by watching pre season SF is going to have a top 10 draft pick; they won't btw. I think they are in that 2nd tier of teams w/NO the Bears and the Cards.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,024 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,724ß
    I think DaTreeBears nailed it on this one. We'll not have to wait long to see about GB. They have the Seattle matchup right out of the chute. We'll see if they're good or bad this year in that game. Detroit could also be a tough opponent for us if we can't improve our D. They've made some good moves this off season, and they hung 61 points on us last year - sweeping us. If our defense isn't fixed the Packers and Lions both could be a handful this year. So much of our season comes down to this defense needing to be improved. Maybe this is why I'm so worried.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    504ß
    If the NFCN comes down to GB vs Chi, it looks like it will be a battle of who's defense is least bad. Or who's offense is better able to overcome their poor defense.

With Raji now out for the year (and he was supposedly having an impressive bounce back preseason at NT), the Packers weak D just got weaker.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,659ß
    I don;t typically watch non-Bears games, but I am going to watch this one. If they get rolled over by Seattle, I think we may be ok if we can get our heads out of our asses, but if they provide a competitive game, we are going to be in trouble unless we pick it up a lot.
    • Agree Agree x 1