Arkush: Bears offensive analysis after cuts – Cutler could shine

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 31, 2013.

1. 4dabers

4dabers

Ratings:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure who you're talking about when you refer to "no one will back off the edge of it's not Cutler's fault". I haven't seen too many people that do that. As a result, I don't see the "problem coming in" that you refer too either. You are also right about the legit chance to shine. If he gets the protection we hope he gets and if he gets guys that can catch the ball that do not remind us all of the dickfingers TE that we had to live with for 3 years (neither of which is guaranteed beyond cautious optimism yet), then it should be ON HIM.

Also, you are correct, he is not the only one that has had to deal with a pathetic Offensive line and tons of sacks over the past 4 years, he's not the only one that has gone through 3 different offenses in 4 years, and he's not the only one who has had to deal with an enemic receiving corp over the last 4 years, but name me one other starting QB in the league that has had to dealwith ALL of these issues AT THE SAME TIME? Is he partly to blame, well hell yes. No QB is blameless, especially when they throw a stupid pic (which they all do). Some of the sacks were on him also, holding the damn ball too long and not throwing it away, but come on. Also, he is NOT constantly performing below average. Not really sure why you think that. Since being in Chicago he has had 24 games with a QB rating above 95. Has he had some bad games? Oh yea. Frankly, I don't deny he has stunk up the place occasionally, but to suggest that he is "constantly performing below average" is just factually incorrect.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013