Article Suggests Bears Should Sign Suspended FA Will Hill.......

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jun 4, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,777ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Absolutely 100% true and yet he's still in denial telling the NFL and his own team he wasn't smoking he was just around others who did. I figure the results of his drug screen showed higher concentrations than that so the NFL isn't buying it and neither are the Giants. He's been in the league for three years and each year he's failed a drug screening he knows is coming. He's an idiot.

Every year in FA there are bad seeds whose team have given up on them and nine out of ten times they're right about the guy. I don't relish the thought of going back to the era when JA was so hard up for solutions that he was willing to take chances on losers like that. We don't need to do that anymore. It's not like this kid was a former top ten draft pick and we'd be getting some kind of steal.

• Like Like x 2
  2. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,021ß
    He may not have been a former top 10 pick, but his talent and play would be a steal for us. Trust me...you'd be surprised at the drug use of a lot of these guys...and it's a lot worse than just smoking some weed. They may have the brains to not get caught, but they're no better. If it's no risk, which it wouldn't be...I'm all for it and may the best man win at the position.

3. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    I think that the bottom line here is weather Emery and Trestman think he is worth the time and energy it would take to help him get his act together.

4. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    612ß
    I don't care if they smoke pot, snort coke or whatever, I am not their guardian. The point is, the league has a policy against it and they take it seriously. Since the league takes it seriously, there will be consequences to the player, and thus, the team that they happen to play for. THAT'S what I care about.

Let's also be a little realistic here. There is a difference between enjoying an occasional spliff when you are relaxing with some of your buds or enjoying a romantic evening with your lady and someone that feels like they need to get high every damn day. Those that abuse drugs daily will eventually have a problem, and if you can't control it when your mega dollar job is on the line, then you may have a problem. It sounds like this cat is still in denial about his "problem" which is a whole "problem" of it's own.

I would dearly LOVE to have his talent on our defense, but not with the risk of losing his services for extended periods of time just because he can't put the bong down.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,186ß
    I would pass.

Much like Josh Gordon, the guy doesn't seem to care

• Like Like x 1
  6. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,021ß
    Let me tell you...a majority of these guys enjoy far more than the "occasional spliff". There are plenty of guys out there who have had "problems" and been no problem for their new teams...Marshawn Lynch, Ricky Williams, and on and on. Listen...the league is going to let players smoke this stuff anyway once they get done paying off the pain meds law suit.

7. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,186ß
    Don't be so sure. Since it's still illegal in 48 states and 30 football team areas they will never let it slide. Any of it

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,739ß
    I think that's the biggest problem, the guy looked at this as a free ride, not a career that had to be worked at.

9. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,021ß
    Why? The NHL doesn't have marijuana on it's banned substance list...last I checked they play in the states. It wasn't banned in the NBA until 99. Which is better...the heroin like pain pills they pass out, or smoking weed which is a proven anti-inflammatory?

10. The Benjamin

Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,186ß
    Just using logic. Does not make sense to give the appearance of condoning something illegal.

If the NFL wanted it to be off the banned list it would be. They know how much of an issue it is, and think they still need it. I just don't see it changing any time soon

• Like Like x 1