At this 1/4 mark of the season, who are the 3 players who surprised you the most so far?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 1, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,270ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Good or bad, who surprised you the most so far, after the first 4 games of the season? Here's mine:

1. Jordan Mills - It just blows me away how good this guy is. 5th round rookie, looks like a stud tackle.
    2. Martellus Bennett - he didn't look so hot in training camp and Pre Season. Looks like a stud in real games.
    3. Kyle Long - I sure had my doubts when they spent our 1st round pick on this guy. Now I'm mighty glad they did.

Honorable Mention: Roberto Garza. I thought the guy was 100% finished in the NFL. I was wrong. He looks really solid out there this year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4th and 26

4th and 26
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,010ß
    I would say our 3 new offensive linemen

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    673ß
    That O line is great all around. I hope they can do the same thing with the D line but that will have to come next year sorry to say. Holy shit we now have a legit bonafide TE see Lovie this what a TE looks like. I still think we are better than craptroit that was aberration.

oops, it's the 3 you picked easy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    673ß
    there's 4 new ones

• Like Like x 2
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,270ß
    Tonight I re-watched the Detroit game. The OL really looked pretty decent, with a few bad plays thrown in. You know what was really cool? Garza. He ended up, on some plays, matched up with Suh, 1-on-1, and looked solid as a rock. He doesn't look anything like he did last year. Like a different guy entirely.

Cutler has time to throw. Not a boatload of time, but he has ENOUGH time. As he gets more trusting with this new OL, I think (hope) we won't see him become so rattled. The OL is gonna protect him just fine, and he needs to learn to trust in them. He just needs to get the ball out on time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,119ß
    Anderson, I thought it was a good signing to replace Roach, I never thought he'd be as good as he's been.

Forte, I thought he'd have a good year, but w/so many other weapons I figured he'd find himself well short of nearly 35% of the O yards and 33% of the TD's.

(gonna cheat) Long/Mills as a combo, I really was shit scared of having 2 rookies on the right side of the line, and they've done really well as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  7. short faced bear

short faced bear
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    840ß
    McC as a complete bust to date
    Podlesh-even working with the ST coach before can't help him
    Brandon Hardin-with an eggshell skeleton could not even make the team

8. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    Anderson
    Mills
    Cutler

Expected Long to be good after preseason
    Anderson is good, Mills comes out of nowhere and Cutler was praised for 3 games with only, really only, 1 time being bad jay

9. jbunch14

jbunch14
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    215ß
    Anderson, Mills, and DJ Williams. Wasn't sure how he would recover from his last two years of drama. Also guys, I believe Slauson is only 26, and could hopefully end our other problem at LG for the foreseeable future. It's hard to believe, but I think we have all of the pieces necessary for the O, except maybe an eventual Garza replacement. Draft should focus VERY heavily on the D.

10. ZifanQ

ZifanQ
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    85ß
    Anderson - I think he has played better than Roach.
    Mills - I was pretty surprised and quite upset by the fact we went for a 5th round Oline men but holy shit has that turned out to be a great find!
    Cutler - Good Cutler can probably lead us to a superbowl or atleast an NFC championship game but he has to be good Jay all day and season long. I expected him to do better than the previous season but not exactly this good. If it havn't been for the meltdown against Lions I could play with thought that this is a completely new QB.