BALTIMORE RAVENS @ CHICAGO BEARS

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, Nov 10, 2013.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Whatever happened to Ray Rice ?

Well when we do this we do it right with Rodgers and wrong with Stafford.

A full timer on Flacco.

Time for some music going down by 2 points in giving the heart.

Dont read anything into it its just music ... sounds good at the time.

What are the Vegas odds that we lose two at home in a row ?
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,281ß
    ummmmmm ok
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Cant fit the tune into either a pro or con ... it just rocks. Thats what its meant for.

Baltimore left Cinncy with ZERO time on the clock ... and went into OT.

They squeeked it ... that tells us everything we need to know.

Down to the END against Deetroit ... Cinncy went to the END at Baltimore.

We didnt get it done against Detroit ... now we have Baltimore.

We have to pick up where Cinncy left off.

Benji if you look at the falloff TODAY in the NFL ... (11-10-2013)

We are just as good as any TEAM out there.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm ok ... JJ we are better then Green Bay ...
  4. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    Baltimore is my other team (considering I live in Maryland), and I think I know them pretty well, so here is my take.

Offense:
    O-line - Baltimore is having a hard time keeping Joe upright, so we need to have another big day for the D-line. Joe is NOT mobile so I would say that blitzing is not a bad idea.
    WR's- are having a hard time against press coverage but they do have a couple of burners so Conte needs to not get burnt.
    Run Game - has been terrible, I think Ray Rice might be playing with a lingering injury, so they have begun to go with Pierce who is a bruiser, but Our Defense needs to step up and limit them on the ground. They did a decent job against Bush so they might be going in the right direction?

Defense:
    Pass Rush - They can get to the QB with Suggs, Ngata, and Dumervil so this is going to be an important game for the O-line. The Game plan should try to take advantage of how aggressive they come after the QB.
    The Secondary- If the Bears simply throw the ball to who ever Jimmy Smith is covering, then McCown should have a record day. Smith can tackle well but he is absolutely lost when it comes to tracking the ball, just throw it past his ear all day long.

ST is nothing special but they do have a couple of guys that can return the ball, so I would say they are about the same as the Bears.
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    mdbearz,

You always have a home on this board.

Whats interesting about BEARS fans like Mdbearz is they have to work at getting it.

You scumbags on the other hand have it presented weekly to you and you take it for granted.
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Son of a motherfuuckin biitch ...
    THE CHICAGO BEARS ...
    GREEN BAY PACKERS ...
    MINNISOTA VIKINGS ...
    are living in DEETROIT LIONS Country for at least one week ... maybe more.
  7. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    This is a HUGE game for me personally. I live in north eastern Maryland. needless to say, the Ravens (along with the Eagles) are the very prominent team in this area and particularly in my place of employment (I work very close to Baltimore City). My youngest daughter who was born in Maryland (I'm originally from Chicago) is also a big Ravens fan.

I NEED the Bears to win this game for me in the worst way.
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,179ß
    LOL...

Which may be exactly the way they win it.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Anybody know our track record with Baltimore @ Soldiers?
  10. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    It looks like we are 2-2 against the Ravens all time, with both teams winning at home.
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    If other teams can do it we can do it too. Yeah so who isnt beat up right now ?

Thats never stopped us before ... we went down to the wire in losing to detroit.

That tells me alot about this team ... they dont give up.

We may not have much of a defense as they come back from injurys for future games ,

but we have alot of offense that pretty much parks ass on the bench.

Mark Ingram has been a completes zero for the New Orleans Saints the whole season ,

but once they busted down the Dallas defense he went apeshit.

We have two RB's on the bench better then him.

Are they being kept in reserve for some secret mission to Mars or somthing ?
  12. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Now that we know JCut is out we can plan a complete game around McCown.
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    BTW ... when it comes to ED REED ... he KNOWS Baltimore.
  14. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Traditionally strong against the run, the Chicago Bears' defense has leaked of late and players are trying to avoid blaming it on numerous injuries.
    ''It's honestly not like we're getting driven off the ball,'' Bears defensive tackle Corey Wootton said. ''It's just that we're not fitting in our gaps. When you're not disciplined, the thing that should be a 1-yard gain or possibly a tackle for loss turns into a 20-yard gain. That's where we need to clean that up because it's starting to become a problem.''
    The Bears rank 31 out of 32 teams, giving up 129.4 yards rushing per game. If that holds till season's end, it will be the worst mark since linebacker Dick Butkus was limping around trying to play on a bad knee. The Bears were 25th out of 26 teams in 1973.
    The Detroit Lions ran for 145 yards last week against the Bears, who allowed 123, 209 and 199 yards rushing the three previous games.
    Tucker said players have to trust each other and stay in their gaps in the run defense.
    ''Typically, if you are in position where you are supposed to be, the plays will come to you,'' Tucker said. ''And so we ask guys not to try to do too much, just do what we're asking you to do, and be where you're supposed to be and then when you have an opportunity to make a play, make it.''
    It's not easy for players to establish trust when they're unfamiliar with each other or the defensive scheme. With linebacker Lance Briggs ruled out already for Sunday's game due to a broken shoulder, cornerback Charles Tillman done for the rest of the regular season (torn chest muscle), defensive tackle Henry Melton out with a torn anterior cruciate ligament and middle linebacker D.J. Williams done with a torn pectoral muscle, the Bears keep lining up new players.
    Coach Marc Trestman doubts the problem is as severe as numbers indicate, and believes it can be solved by taking care of details more than being physical.
    ''This happens week to week in the National Football League,'' he said. ''When you lose a game, it's just a little bit more magnified that there's a lot of ifs involved, if we would have run inside instead of outside, if we would have been a little bit tighter - the little details that go with any aspect of the game, and the running game is inclusive of that. If you're not detailed and one guy is doing it just a little bit differently and we're not in coordination with the other guys, that's what happens. I really can't be any more specific than that.''
    Trestman gave Tucker a vote of confidence Wednesday.
    ''As I talked to the team on Monday, I thought our defense played well enough for us to win under unusual circumstances because of the situation of having so many players out that gave our team a chance to win,'' Tucker said. ''I think that starts with Mel, and our staff getting the guys ready, continuing to work with them to try and improve.
    ''Are we where we want to be? No. We're always trying to get better. But I think he's done an outstanding job in the classroom. On the field he's excellent, and I think he's done a great job of being on the field and managing the team for the last couple of games on the field. It's very impressive to watch.''
    It's possible the Bears could get some relief this week against the run when they face the Baltimore Ravens. Even with Ray Rice in the backfield the Ravens rank 30th running the ball at 73.1 yards a game.
    ''This is a zone blocking team that wants to run the ball,'' Wootton said. ''They've got a great running back in Rice. Their line is big and physical. They do a good job of mixing it up.''
  15. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
  16. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,179ß
    JJ - great short film on Butkus. The guy was just a wrecking machine.
    Thanks
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    541ß
    Anybody have any clue what this thread is supposed to be discussing? I'm thinking somebody's had another stroke.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,281ß
    I think it is about the Bears game Sunday.... But with JJ, ya never know
    • Like Like x 2
  19. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    I must admit that this game is going to have me torn. I love to watch footbal and I have adopted the Ravens as my AFC team, but I will be wearing my Bears gear come Sunday.

This game is important to me because the last time the Ravens crushed the Bears and I was at the game (In Baltimore) with my Bears gear on and I went home with my tail between my legs.
  20. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Heres the son of a bitch .... Ray Rice has pretty much dissapeared.

Bernard Pierce and Bernard Scott are the go to runners ... unless of course ray returns to form.

Didnt we all think that Reggie Bush's playing days were over ?

He only ripped us in TWO games. Thats why Ray Rice is spooky.

We in the past didnt let RB's get over on us ... that used to be our strength ...

this is 2013.

They CAN do it and they HAVE done it. Now we drafted LB's up the ass ...

when do we put these guys to work ? This is the test of what we drafted at LB.

Earn your pay gentlemen ... If we stop the run game of ravens ...

Flacco isnt that great ... Torry Smith ... Brandon Stokley ...Jacoby Jones ... Marion Brown.

Are you kidding me ?