Bass up for NFL Rookie of the Week (LINK inside to vote if you want to)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Nov 20, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,816 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    75ß
    I really like this rookie. Emery stole him from the Raiders practice squad. I like how Emery is always working 24x7 to improve our roster. Bass was a good steal.

Click here to vote for Bass

[​IMG]

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,439 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    214ß
    He had a hell of a game, and really it led to the win, 7 free points to an O that otherwise couldn't keep pace b/c of another really slow start.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,157 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Yep. If it were JA he'd be trolling the arena league for the next DL stud or pool jumper. Perhaps Bass will be good depth for us next year.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    Bass seems more productive than Cohen so far. I gave him my vote. Thanks for posting JABF.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +997 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I don't want to rain on a parade. Especially since I LOVE to see rookies come out of nowhere to become a strength of the club. But right now, we are talking just one play. He isn't going anywhere if that's he does. But man, it sure was sweet looking!! He has got some athleticism. Hard to not get excited, but I want to see him string a few games together before I get all geeked.
  6. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    I knew our DL was bad, but I read today that we are 31st in run defense. It isn't going to get any better with McClellin coming back on Sunday. We give up long runs because our DE's get blown out and our safeties miss tackles.
  7. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +997 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    Well, seems like if Tucker wants the coveted 32nd spot, he is gonna have to work just a little harder.
  8. DavidL

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    No problem! We are only about 50 yards behind the Jags now.:)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    Can't argue with your comments, but where are our LB's? They should be all over like a swam of bees when someone comes through the line. The run game shouldn't get to the safeties.
  10. DavidL

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    Hey, we don't Have Urlacher and Briggs back there this season. Our rookie LBs often run themselves out of position. It takes a team effort to get to 32nd.:)
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +997 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I knew the man had it under control!
  12. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    545ß
    Bass looks a little bit like Richard Dent and he's not all that much smaller than Dent was when he joined that Bears. Maybe an inch shorter at 6' 4" and about 5-10 lbs lighter but if you look at him he's got those same long legs and arms Dent had and a body that looks like it could hold a little more weight.

Depending on what sources you believe he's somewhere between 256 lbs and 262 lbs now and the Bears say ideally they'd like him playing at
    around 270 lbs to 275 lbs which is pretty prototypical for a 4-3 DE. Wootton goes in that same range but is a couple of inches taller. With the kind of athleticism Bass shows if he can add some bulk and hold up against the run he's the guy I could see replacing Pep more so that I see that as McClellin's future role.

Unless he finds a solution in the weight room I don't think McClellin will ever get over 260 lbs if he can even manage to keep that much weight on. Right now I'd bet a box of donuts he's less than 250 lbs just like he was last year. He can only be effective as a rusher and penetrator is they keep moving him around to where ever they can get him in mismatches with lineman who can't handle is speed and agility. Once the guys who can get there hands on him they destroy him and make him look bad just like they've been doing.

There isn't much chance Pep will be back next year unless he's willing to take a major hit on his contract so by next spring we'll need both Bass and McClellin to be stepping up their games and if Emery is smart he'll find another DE in either the draft of FA. McBride may return as well. It's pretty obvious we need a little more depth on that DL both at DE and DT so one of each would be nice and preferably a DT with a little more bulk who can work with Paea at NT. Assuming they both come back fully recovered I like Melton and Collins playing the 3T spot.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DavidL

Ratings:
    +593 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    Don't count out my adopted Bear yet!:)
    • Like Like x 1