Bears agreed to terms with Ratliff

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    802ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'm hoping for something like when we picked up Amobe Okoye a few years back, nice little increase in production from the position. Hoping. I do think he was sandbagging the Cowboys....still upset over not getting a long term deal last year & then getting injured. I'm thinking he will be ready to prove his worth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    What if we get a deal worked out with Melton and Ratliff (assuming he returns to very good form) at the end of the season, plus Collins looked like he could be productive. Then the DTs are Melton, Paea, Ratliff and Collins. That rotation could just let you focus on DE and CB in the draft/FA at least for 1 year, no?

3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,444ß
    Could be. Unless a stud DT was available. Then you might have to do it anyway.

4. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    887ß
    Bears clear roster spot for Ratliff

With the expected signing Tuesday of veteran defensive tackle Jay Ratliff, the Chicago Bears cleared a roster spot at the position by waiving Zach Minter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    252ß
    Minter looked better than garbage Cohen in the limited times I saw him and I don't know why we clear room for our thinnest position by removing another player from that very position.

6. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    Considering that Ratliff might not be ready to play for a couple of weeks it makes even less sense.

The only reason I think that it does make sense is because you might not want to cut another position because most of them are core STs players. But I'm with you, why not cut Weems and let Earl Bennett earn a little of his pay check by being on all 4 phases?