Bears are planning to honor Brian Urlacher

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Mar 24, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    And I get the feeling that a lot of fans just don't get it. He doesn't really care if he improves his relations with them. Think about it.

2. yttocs

yttocs
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Just wait until (IF) s into the he gets into the HoF. Best on both parties.

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I think he's probably a lock for the HOF. That's gotten to be a tradition with Bears MLBs and he's surely no worse than any other in the bunch. Just played a little different style game is all. I think it'll happen this fall scotty they just need to iron out the rough spots and send Phil off on a college scouting trip that weekend is all. :bah:

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I do not see why Phil needs to go anywhere, Urlacher needs to man up and admit he had gotten old in terms of football. It happens to everyone and Phil saw it and Brian apparently disagreed. Its a bussiness and Urlacher and Phil could maybe benefit greatly from a discussion, but I believe it would be wrong to run off your GM for a whiney bucket player and hope the Bears do not even consider that as an option. It would send a bigger message to the players which would be a bad message to send IMHO.

5. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

This is absolutely true. But my take on it may be a bit different than yours.

Regardless of the validity of a fan's opinion, or whether it is informed/knowledgeable/etc or not the game is put on for the consumption of the fan. The fans are the player's revenue source. They are the game's sole source of revenue.

So IMO, BU and everyone else should just get used to it. This doesn't go just for the players, it applies equally as well to the teams, the league, etc.

To take it back directly to BU, at this point in time he is very close to totally pissing off a large percentage of the Bear fan base. Possibly a significant majority. Once he crosses that line, he will have a hard time reversing his perceived reputation and legacy. So (again IMO) he had better figure out if he will ever need the fan base for anything in the future and act accordingly.