Bears beat Vikings 31-30: Post Game Analysis

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Sep 15, 2013.

1. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +605 / 5 / -21
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    Well, the Vikings were playing on the field. I thought they got pretty good pressure on Cutler, and we've got a better OL than the Vikings. But I will give it another week. After 2 weeks, Peppers has 1 tackle, 0 assists, 0 sacks. If BigBen isn't planted on his butt, maybe you will join the chorus.
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,291 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    169ß
    I'm not making up excuses, as I think the line is pretty bad, but it's undeniable that Soldier Field is horrible for defensive line play.
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    279ß
    I will start worrying about individual statistics of players in a game when the team loses. Then, in my opinion, we can point to who needs to step up.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Shit storm is right. The phrase shit hitting the fan is overused, but this game had shit hitting the fan all day. It was Gross...MAN. This team is below average after such a total debacle. The win was a lucky one. If we keep getting lucky, we will have another fluke season on our hands.
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,291 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    169ß
    The post above mine is why "ignore user" is such a valuable tool.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    Debacle? Cmon. For a team with new coaches, schemes, players, coordinators - I found it amazing that we're in 1st place in the NFC-N (ahead of the Packers) and unbeaten at 2-0.

Surely you didn't expect anything more than this in the first month of the new team did you?

Frankly, I'm amazed that the team is playing as well as it is at this early point. I was really pleased with two great comebacks in two weeks. That's what solid teams with heart do. Winners. And under Trestman, the team gutted out a tough win here. This team has a long ways to go. We expected that. Gotta keep it "real" here. This is a rock solid start for a new team under Trestman. We've only had 4 of these 2-0 starts since the early 1990's. And three of those four teams went to the playoffs.

Relax. Enjoy the wins. Enjoy this season.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Sloppy very Sloppy

Growing pains for sure

This game should have been worse for Minny

But the D kept letting them hang around

Nice stop in the fourth to keep them to a FG

Nice Composure for Cutty in hangin in tough ,...til the end

and BENICORN RAAAAAAAAWCKED ! ! !

AP held to 100 yards,... NO TDs a FUMBLE ,...

i'll take the win let the coaches sort out the headaches
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,291 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    169ß
    I'll say it first: I was expecting the offensive line to have serious problems by this point, but Trestman called the game plans that he did, to get the rookies over their nerves early (Whereas Lovie would look at a rookie and put him in the doghouse immediately). We should have won this game going away, but little screw ups by the offense here and there kept the Vikings in the game. If anything, the Bears should have won this by at least 10 points.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I was listening to WSCR 670 on the way home and someone did ask why they hadn't kicked a FG there. IMO the game was over and no use screwing up the win.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I like the bears to look into another safety. I see Kerry Rhodes out there, I have a feeling we gonna need the help
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    per the oline der HB YUP I agree they did rather well ,.... 90 yds rushing Forte ,.... allowed 1 sack

When they came right back after the LOR TD and Hester set up the O and then they punched to tie ,.. AT WILL

I was hoping for bigger difference in the game as

Screw ups on the O , D & STs kept the girls hanging around

Which again was overcome in the 4th ....
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,291 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    169ß
    He wants too much money. I liked him on the Jets, and he was pretty good on the cardinals, but I doubt he comes to Chicago
  13. dinwitty

dinwitty Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Cutler threw some floaters, and one was a pick, that goes back to 2 years ago when he relied a little too much high throws and got way too many picks then. He is capable of zinging that football straight line to a reciever, he should do that a whole lot more, the score would have been far more lopsided Bears way.
    Many times the long flyball works, and then again it does not work. 85 bears worked the line time again with short runs and many measured first downs and dominated the game and time and clock and scores like that.
    So often I keep seeing "Get the fast score" and you try to throw the ball long to try to do it fast.
    Keeping the ball in your control is the key.
    The game is differrent than 85 its about action action action, a hard front line isnt quite doing it.
    But all the things that happenned in this game happen to the best teams as well. To critique this team and they are 2-0? I expected Vikings to be worse and they opened with a kickoff return. Screw that, you better jackhammer back and the Bears did that. The Bears battled it out and came out the victors.

Pittsburgh please.
  14. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2 W 0 L

this is what matters most.

Turnovers nearly killed us
  15. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Turnover will kill any team, ask the Giants...

Game got waay to excited.. I got 99 problems but Oline ain't one!
  16. DavidL

Ratings:
    +605 / 5 / -21
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    Fair enough. We can compare notes next week. Two Vikings, playing on that field, had more tackles than the whole Bears DL, but give Peterson some credit for that.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    It looked like calvillo was the marching up the field at the end for the win. And he now out with a concusion and watching. I wonder if he watched , it must have been hard on him seeing trest out there marching the team up the field without him.
  18. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    Yep, that game was way more "exciting" than it should have been. Even after the opening kickoff return TD, the Vikings should have been blown out in the first half. Dumb mistakes and turnovers kept them in the game and nearly gave it away. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we won but a better team/better QB would have beat us.

Can't play like that against Drew Brees or Joe Flacco or Rodgers and expect to win at the last minute. Trestman and Co. has things to clean up.
  19. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Just a game that will ultimately end up to be useless to the doomsayers.

New HC [​IMG] New OC [​IMG] New DC [​IMG] New schemes [​IMG]
    New TE[​IMG] New OL [​IMG]New MLB/SLB[​IMG] No #54[​IMG]

& thru it all, areas that need work/mistakes that need corrected, are countered with an ability to wrest control when needed on offense & defense. You can't ask for anything more at this stage & this game will be useless down the road for naysayers as this team will not remotely resemble this particular effort due to the continued growth that's obvious to follow.

We're way ahead of the learning curve at this point being 2-0 & it's being done not with smoke & mirrors but with a sharp staff & some pretty Damn talented players.

I feel like a Proud Papa just about now...
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DavidL

Ratings:
    +605 / 5 / -21
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    Some fans are doomsayers. They think we have so many problems that we can't make the playoffs. Some fans are Pollyanna. They predict we are going to sweep the Packers this season. Some fans are realists. They understand that our offense is much improved, but they also understand that our DL is under-performing (ditto safety) and will mostly determine how far we go this season. Anyway, it's been fun to read these exchanges between all three categories of fans.