Bears beat Vikings 31-30: Post Game Analysis

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Sep 15, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,268ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Bennett looks like a major upgrade over K.Davis. Night-and-day difference. We finally have a TE who is a serious weapon receiving.

Can't wait for the Steeler game now. They will have a short week to prepare for us, due to the fact they play Monday night.

• Like Like x 2
  2. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,278ß
    I was watching a lot of plays in slo-mo. I thought the rookies on the OL did not play as well as last week. I think this is due to the fact that our opponents have tape and can scheme against what we are doing to protect the rookies. Not being critical of their play ... but after all, they are rookies.

The only TO I would put against Cutler is the pass in the red zone in the 3 TE set. I thought he forced it and should have either eaten the ball or thrown it away. I didn't mind the fumble as much. Sometimes a wet ball can be a bit tricky to hold onto.

I thought DJ Williams had a pretty good game. He stuffed AP a few times. As did Anderson. Overall I thought the D played much better than last week.

All in all I agree with JABF. We have a work in progress. Now we go on the road. I hope we can at least split the next two games and be 3-1 or 4-0. I hope we can see a pretty consistent offense and defense by game 4 or 5.

3. BearJim

BearJim
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    Nothing like a cold Sam Adams Hazel Brown Ale. Ummm good. Takes like victory!

4. Kidla

Kidla
    Expand Collapse

ßearz ßuckz:
    In aperfect world we run the ball on that INT in the endzone and we may have dominated the rest of the Game but its not always a perfect world.It seemed our offense lost confidence or mojo whatever they lost something.Bottom line is we screwed up plenty on offence and defense but the D played well enough to give us a chance to win the Game at the end and JC has the weapons to do that.From the Oline blocking(oops 1 holding call)to Marshall going Sky for a 1st Down to MBennett with 2 BIG CATCHES to win the game.We gotta be happy its going to be a good week at work listening to Sports Radio.GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

5. 4th and 26

4th and 26
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,006ß
    Jay finally has the weapons around him which makes a huge difference. I would have to say having an OL and wrs along with a legit TE makes a huge difference in this team. The play calling seems real good and we seem remain calm through out the game. I like what I see right now with this team.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,883ß
    Devin Hester! He gave the offense great field position time after time. That gave the team (and me!) a big emotional lift at just the right time.

I am fast becoming a fan of M. Bennett. Man, he is clutch receiver. He can outrun linebackers and out muscle CBs.

Trestman made a horrible play call and Cutler a horrible decision on that interception in the endzone. Of all the mistakes today, that's the one that drove me up the freakin' wall. From the 1-yd.line, run and pound it in behind Long and Mills. Also. that's M. Bush territory. He must be wondering why he's not being used.

Bottomline: 2-0!

7. billatter

billatter
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    263ß
    Better get used to it. Trestman will roll the dice and do the unexpected, the unconventional, and sometimes the unwise. The plus side to this, every DC the Bears will face this season now knows that the Bears have the cojones to throw from the 1 yard line. That make their lives just a tad more complicated.

• Like Like x 3
  8. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,278ß
    ^^^^

I thought the play calling at the start of the 3rd quarter was way too conservative. 3 straight runs into the line for little or no gain.

9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    953ß
    The d-line is getting a lot of criticism, but some of that has to be deflected towards the upkeep of the turf, and how much it is overused. A day before the Bears-Bengals game, there was a college game played on it, and although it was resodded, one day is not enough time to make a complete difference. Soldier field is annually voted as the worst place to play, and has come under criticism from our own players in the past. Add to that that it was raining today, and it's going to be significantly more difficult for any sort of pass rush to happen. I've mentioned in another thread that Gabe Carimi was able to hold JJ watt to zero sacks in similar conditions last year, and logic should dictate that, given the inferior talent of Gabe Carimi to both JJ Watt and the current offensive line, that that was due more to the conditions than to a "good game" by Carimi.

Although Heinz field isn't a great field either, don't be surprised in the slightest if the d-line is able to find Big Ben on multiple occasions, especially since their former first round pick, Maurkice Pouncey is out for the year, and it isn't a landfill of a field like our is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    672ß
    These guys are developing much better chemistry with these type of grind it out wins then if the games were handed to them. Knowing you can get threw a shit storm when things are not going your way to be able to persevere through it and still win the game says a lot. Even when the referee that tries to use his head for the other team and you still don't let it affect you by staying focused getting it done. Without the big talent the Bears possess they obviously lose this game. So the bottom line talent, drive and determination with no quit is all you have left to rely on in some games and that's just what these guys did.

• Like Like x 4