Bears beat Vikings 31-30: Post Game Analysis

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    per the oline der HB YUP I agree they did rather well ,.... 90 yds rushing Forte ,.... allowed 1 sack

When they came right back after the LOR TD and Hester set up the O and then they punched to tie ,.. AT WILL

I was hoping for bigger difference in the game as

Screw ups on the O , D & STs kept the girls hanging around

Which again was overcome in the 4th ....

2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,762 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    He wants too much money. I liked him on the Jets, and he was pretty good on the cardinals, but I doubt he comes to Chicago

3. dinwitty

dinwitty Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    Cutler threw some floaters, and one was a pick, that goes back to 2 years ago when he relied a little too much high throws and got way too many picks then. He is capable of zinging that football straight line to a reciever, he should do that a whole lot more, the score would have been far more lopsided Bears way.
    Many times the long flyball works, and then again it does not work. 85 bears worked the line time again with short runs and many measured first downs and dominated the game and time and clock and scores like that.
    So often I keep seeing "Get the fast score" and you try to throw the ball long to try to do it fast.
    Keeping the ball in your control is the key.
    The game is differrent than 85 its about action action action, a hard front line isnt quite doing it.
    But all the things that happenned in this game happen to the best teams as well. To critique this team and they are 2-0? I expected Vikings to be worse and they opened with a kickoff return. Screw that, you better jackhammer back and the Bears did that. The Bears battled it out and came out the victors.

Pittsburgh please.

4. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    54ß
    2 W 0 L

this is what matters most.

Turnovers nearly killed us

5. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    80ß
    Turnover will kill any team, ask the Giants...

Game got waay to excited.. I got 99 problems but Oline ain't one!

6. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,339ß
    Fair enough. We can compare notes next week. Two Vikings, playing on that field, had more tackles than the whole Bears DL, but give Peterson some credit for that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    It looked like calvillo was the marching up the field at the end for the win. And he now out with a concusion and watching. I wonder if he watched , it must have been hard on him seeing trest out there marching the team up the field without him.

8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    781ß
    Yep, that game was way more "exciting" than it should have been. Even after the opening kickoff return TD, the Vikings should have been blown out in the first half. Dumb mistakes and turnovers kept them in the game and nearly gave it away. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we won but a better team/better QB would have beat us.

Can't play like that against Drew Brees or Joe Flacco or Rodgers and expect to win at the last minute. Trestman and Co. has things to clean up.

9. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Just a game that will ultimately end up to be useless to the doomsayers.

New HC [​IMG] New OC [​IMG] New DC [​IMG] New schemes [​IMG]
    New TE[​IMG] New OL [​IMG]New MLB/SLB[​IMG] No #54[​IMG]

& thru it all, areas that need work/mistakes that need corrected, are countered with an ability to wrest control when needed on offense & defense. You can't ask for anything more at this stage & this game will be useless down the road for naysayers as this team will not remotely resemble this particular effort due to the continued growth that's obvious to follow.

We're way ahead of the learning curve at this point being 2-0 & it's being done not with smoke & mirrors but with a sharp staff & some pretty Damn talented players.

I feel like a Proud Papa just about now...

• Like Like x 1
  10. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 7 / -26
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,339ß
    Some fans are doomsayers. They think we have so many problems that we can't make the playoffs. Some fans are Pollyanna. They predict we are going to sweep the Packers this season. Some fans are realists. They understand that our offense is much improved, but they also understand that our DL is under-performing (ditto safety) and will mostly determine how far we go this season. Anyway, it's been fun to read these exchanges between all three categories of fans.