Bears beat Vikings...at this point, who really gives a sh*t?!

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Nov 16, 2014 at 7:03 PM.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    ...sorry guys, but I couldn't resist. :10 1 112[1]:
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +985 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,128ß
    True.

I don't even remember the last time being so relaxed during a Bears game.
  3. Clark Street

Clark Street Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    Some of us have fun rooting for the Bears during each individual game, with the standings being a rather secondary consideration. I'm not a team employee, just a fan. I enjoyed watching the game today. The Bears won and I was pleased. Tomorrow that will be forgotten as I move on to more pressing matters. Then when next Sunday arrives: Go Bears!
    • Like Like x 5
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 2
  4. Rootn4DaBears

Rootn4DaBears Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    It's always good when the Bears win. If you don't care at this point, why watch/comment.

You seem to be in line with my thoughts (refer to "Play to Win" post).
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    I didn't watch chief big pants, and I commented because I felt like it. Understand????
  6. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +914 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    Win or lose my mortgage is still due at the end of the month and the Bears win-loss record ain't paying it. I'll be in a slightly better mood tomorrow though.
  7. Rootn4DaBears

Rootn4DaBears Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    Exactly. It really doesn't effect me one way or another (unless they lose to GB in which I owe a neighbor a 12-pack). None of the games really matter to me for I don't have anything on the line other than wanting them to win.

I watch/cheer for them because I'm what some people call, a "fan" regardless of their record. Am I disappointed/discouraged about their record this year? YES. You're topic said "...Who really gives a Sh*t?!". So I replied. I didn't mean to offend you rather just voiced my opinion to your post like you did about the game. Who really gives a sh** about any team: professional, college, high school;, etc.? We watch/cheer for them because we want them to do well and win. I'm done with this topic. Later...
  8. EternalChampion

EternalChampion Veteran

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    216ß
    I'm definitely happier when they win.

Plus the Vikings suck.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,275 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    221ß
    It's a pyrrhic victory that does nothing to advance the team. Yes a win feels good but it accomplishes nothing but put back our draft status and muddy's the waters of change.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • Like Like x 4
  10. KenMasters

KenMasters Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    I am not sure if I should feel better about the defense or not.

The Bears got rocked by the Patriots. The Patriots followed up by blowing out the Broncos, and putting up 42 on the colts.
    The Bears got rocked by the Packers. The Packers followed up by destroying the Eagles(who have a high rated defense).

I am glad for the win today. I miss Lovie smith, but I hope we win next week too.
  11. Clark Street

Clark Street Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    Since I am not employed by the team, its place in the standings is not a measure of my personal worth. The standings are somewhat interesting, but not nearly as much as the individual games. For a few hours on Sundays, watching a game provides enjoyment for me, my family and friends, particularly if the Bears win. During the rest of the week we deal with concerns that have greater meaning for us.

I certainly would not root for the Bears to lose games in order move up in the draft, especially since the draft is a crap shoot. Building a team culture that aims to win every game is more important. If the Bears should run the table for the rest of the year, I would be pleased and not upset that it "muddies the waters of change". Next year is next year. Next Sunday I would get a kick out of watching the Bears win.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014 at 1:19 AM
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  12. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    91ß
    It felt good to win for a change, but it's hard to get too worked up beating the Vikings this year. They just aren't very good.

Still, we won a game at home, proving it can be done.

Even in victory Jay managed two picks. Same old Jay.
  13. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,613 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    672ß

This is how I feel overall, but as I've said from early on this season: this team is boring. The 2-8 Jets have less talent, but they are significantly more watchable than this bunch. That might be due to unrealized expectations, but either way, watching this team is like watching the Bears Cowboys game in 2004.
  14. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +914 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    I'd rather watch golf than watch the Jets play football.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,613 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    672ß
    Fair enough, but they've been more competitive than the Bears this year.
  16. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +914 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    They've played hard...for the most part...doesn't stop it from being awful football.
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,613 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    672ß
    Did you watch them play the Patriots? That was the best football game of the season, imo.

Honestly, if they would've played Vick this whole time, they'd probably be in the mix for the playoffs, and that's with them missing their top 5 CBs .
  18. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +914 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    765ß
    Meh...they bore me...and I'm a defensive guy! I live in Jersey, so I'm subjected to them every week they play. Give me a good defensive game any day of the week...it's just something about that team man.
  19. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    The Jets have won 2 games, given up more points and scored less points then the bears, have actually gotten outscored 2 to 1(the Bears haven't) got shut out by SD 31-0, and then got stomped by Buff 43-23, how were those "competitive", and how have they been "more competitive" then the Bears?
  20. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    504ß
    We beat a bad team led by a rookie QB missing its best player at home by one score. Let's break out the champagne!

Our WRs are still beasts. Forte is a baller. Allen, Young, Jennings, and Bostic looked good. Thought the makeshift OL did a decent job. The D contained a weak offense.

On the other hand, the STs are still a joke. Cutler had great yardage and completion numbers but still threw 2 picks (we would have lost had Minny been able to capitalize). Bennett seems like his head isn't in the game too often. Trestman's play calling and clock management remains bush league. We won a meaningless game that may push us down in draft order. With Detroit losing we now have a 2% chance of getting a wildcard.

That about sums it up.
    • Like Like x 3