Bears bring in three for tryouts

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Nov 12, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,438 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    BiH, problem is there is no scheme change that can correct your player not making a play, that doesn't effect every other aspect of the game. The team is already selling out their LB's to get pressure on the qb, if ANY of the front 7 miss their tackle in the run game you are going to get gashed. The alternative know that you will not have pressure on the qb and have your DB's and LB's covering, and they haven't proven they can do that either.
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +997 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I hear ya Ric. But I still think that I don't want a "what can I do, my guys are injured" perspective. The great coaches still make adjustments. Some work better than others, but hell.... do SOMETHING to try to make it better. if you are getting gashed for TD's already, what's the worst that can happen? The can't score two TD's on the next play. They can only score one which is probably what will happen if you don't make an adjustment anyway.

I just don't see enough out of him. Even this focus on fundamentals (the right thing to do by the way). Why half way into the season? I have seen him say many games ago that he saw issues with players being in position, reading the play and not making tackles. Why wait til now when he knew it was an issue? It seems like it is making a difference. Anyway, when you take all the stuff like that into account, I am not impressed.

That's just me. There are people that like him. Nothing wrong with that either. Each man is his own person.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,438 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    211ß
    But I'm not saying Tucker is great, hell I didn't think Lovie or Hot Rod were great, and when you look at how their D's dropped when they lost key players you'll see they struggled also, and they NEVER lost what Tucker was.

I never expected Tucker to be great, I expected him to be okay, but it's impossible to know b/c of the inj's and the fact that he allowed the players to dictate scheme. And I don't mean RT or Martz good enough btw.
  4. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +163 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    79ß
    Well so much for philosphy ... now what we need is a TEAM to take the field.

The bullshit ends then.