Bears' Britton in right place at right time

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Aug 8, 2013.

1. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,816ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    It'll be interesting to see which 8 make the 53 man roster and it sure would be nice if Britton was one of them instead of being forced into keeping both Webb and Scott.

The guys who are locks are probably; Bushrod, Slauson, Garza, Long, and Brown and unless Mills is a real failure I almost think they have to keep him off the PS or risk losing him. He was a solid mid round pick.

So that leaves Webb, Scott, and Britton competing for the last two spots. As it stands Webb and Scott have the advantage of being able to and have played LT so it's really up to Britton to show that he can handle LT well enough to be a swing OT. I'd love to see him bump Webb or Scott off.

2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,028ß
    Scott has not shown much so he is my pick to go, but if Webb can't do it, I'm tired of the charade. Just cut bait and if someone can make him work, well congratulations. It's not like we haven't tried.

3. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,816ß
    On the basis of what's possible that should be the way it works and the line would be better for it but for that to happen that little 15w bulb in Webb's head needs to become at least a 60 watter. To me Scott should be low man on the totem pole because there's no upside to him at all.

I'd rather we keep the guys around who have a chance to improve under Kromer and Meyers than to keep anyone who can't and that includes Webb. If he doesn't snap out of it and start working to keep his job then I'd keep Scott and look for another OT next year.