Bears build injury protection into Garza contract

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Mar 4, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,078 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    Looks like a good value.

2. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    160ß
    Next season Roberto will be one a few real longtime Bears, looks like will be losing Peanut, Hester... makes me sad, just like Brians story last year...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    If I remember right we were one of the few teams who would touch Garza. He is missing some tissue, maybe meniscus, in his knee and everyone thought he could not play. I am glad he is back but we need to get a long term solution who can grow with Long, Slauson, and the tackles for many yrs to come. Hopefully that is either Boggs or we find a way to draft a Guard who can play center for the future and start the training this year.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,078 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    He's missing an ACL in his right knee. He had one until 2003, and didn't realize it was not there anymore until a physical in 2005. Gotta hand it to him. He's a gutsy guy. And he's one of those guys who gives 100% all the time. I wish all of our players played with that much heart.

5. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    149ß
    I love this quote from that old article:

"(He) will face competition from Terrence Metcalf and Steve Edwards, and it has not been decided yet if Qasim Mitchell will move inside"

That is some awful "competition". I remember 2004 was the year I took my "weneedmorelinemen" screen name on the CBMB after one of the board reboots. When Garza got here, Metcalf had an interview during camp where he said that he was the starter at RG and no one was ever going to take that away from him. Garza took it from him midseason that year.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,078 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    He's also one of the most approachable Bears at camp. He comes off that field after practice, and he's soaking wet and it's brutal heat there.......you know every player can't wait to get out of the heat and into the shower, but Garza will say out in that heat signing a zillion autographs for the kids. The mucky-mucks just zip past the kids in chauffeured golf carts and don't even look at the kids. But Garza is there forever talking with the fans and signing autographs. I love that about him. Humble guy.

This is at family fest night at Soldier Field in August (this isn't a pic that I took).

[​IMG]

This is at Bourbonnais (below pic) Neither of these pics are mine. I do have some on another computer from camp that I did take. Maybe I can post a few of them tonight when I'm home.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 1