Bears elevate Mills, Long; Webb to 2nd team

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Papa_Bear_7, Aug 11, 2013.

1. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    I'm just really fatigued at all this Webb crap. This guy is on year FOUR and has more shots on goal than anyone I can recall in quite some time. First, it's the rationalization of him losing his LT spot (after much debate). Then the rationalization of him being on the right side. If he loses his job wait for it... "oh he'll be a great swing tackle". Oh, and lest I forget he's durable. That's just great, a marginal player who makes the most mental mistakes who up until now could do no wrong.

Enough already. He is a marginal player and if he plays average HE SHOULD after all the time in on an under performing investment.
  2. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Well before we pile on Webb...lets remember that this was just the first preseason game. They're just getting the dust off. You can't just runa guy out of town after 1 game. Let's wait and see how things settle down by the last preseason game. But I do like the Mills move. Get him in heat and lets see how he handles the pressure. Then proceed from there.
  3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß

Agree, this is exactly what pre season is for. We get to evaluate guys both on the practice field and in meaningless games. It will not hurt the team having him in there and being a rookie this is the only way to tell what he can do. Worst case scenario he goes back to the number 2s and we see Webb in the "dress rehearsal"

Not time to jump to conclusions or start raising eyebrows unless he is starting PS game number 3.

As far as the Long move, I think he will own the job so long as he does not go make a royal disaster out of his start.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I completely agree Grizz.
  5. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    is it ture that Kromer said something like Webb will have to battle for his roster spot and if he makes it, theres a good chance that he will have to play more than 1 position? That sounds like Swingtackle or getting cut
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,988 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,003ß
    German that is exactly what Kromer is saying, unfortunately for the team, Webb is the only backup that seems capable of playing LT. Luckily, he actually looked okay against the 2s today so hopefully he's starting to come around.
  7. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Agreed. With Webb we shall see what happens.

Agreed 100%. We need to get the young guys playing and playing often. This is why we have pre-season.