Bears get Bushrod scare, lose McBride

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Jul 29, 2013.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,912 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    LOL, if we're talking about my Dad's Chicago Bears then the DLinemen I'd be bitching about would be Ed O'Bradovich or Doug Atkins Ric.

And whatta you mean "much like Urlacher what makes me think Izzy wanted to come back"? Urlacher DID want to come back but Phil aced him out with the way he went about it and I'm pretty sure the deal he offered Izzy went about the same way. You just don't get Emery do you? Leopards don't change their spots brother and every vet on that team is earmarked for replacement sooner than later. Watch.

Brian retired rather than to keep pushing for a spot on another team but it's obvious that Izzy felt differently since he signed with the Lions (ouch). I think before the season is out, or hell even the preseason, we're gonna regret that move. With McBride's injury and Ellis developing a vagina we're a tad bit short on vet depth up there. I'm not worried about the starters I'm looking at quality depth to fill out the rotation.

If Wootton is gonna be moved around then someone else needs to set step up at LDE and we're better off if we don't expect McClellin to be an every down DE. They need to spot him in different positions as well. I'm hoping Jamaal Anderson can show enough in camp to play that Izzy role too. He's got the size for it and although he's not a great pass rusher he does play the run well. But after losing McBride I don't see one guy who I believe is better than Izzy would have been playing that utility DLineman spot in the rotation.

Yeah Paea is looking good so far and so is Melton but we also need more than just Collins behind them. We need a fourth DT to pop out of whose left and take a spot in the rotation. We typically have 7-8 guys suited on game day and right now I count no more than 6 sure things I know can play.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,083 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,152ß
    No Soul, BU did NOT want to come back to the Bears, it's why he and his agent requested that absurd 12mil contract when they had no other offers and knew they had no other suiters. Don't get me wrong, Emery didn't want him back either, but this was a break up of two people that no longer wanted the relationship at that point it's not one persons fault it's both.

If your worried about depth, I get it, but Izzy wouldn't have been depth he would have started and it would have held up Wootton and Shea, neither can afford to be depth guys anymore. I wanted Izzy back, but I'm hardly horrified by how it went down. There are a lot of young guys on the DL that just need to step up. Minter has made some noise in camp at DT and Cheta needs to make the noise he was expected to make. If the Bears have get those two to really take a step and then 1 or 2 more young DL'men to just be servicable it'll be fine.
  3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,499 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    809ß
    While Soul is wrong again about Emery's "Spots," i do agree with him that Lach DID want to come back, he just felt that he deserved way more than Emery was willing to offer (Hometown discount!!)
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,083 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,152ß
    12 mil is not a hometown discount.
  5. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,499 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    809ß
    I know, that was my sarcasm. Been over this before...that was one of my points i made about the Lach situation months ago, noted how he said we would get a hometown discount, only for him to shit all over that by demanding more. Now, im using "Hometown Discount" as Lach's nickname any time someone tries to say Lach was not to blame for his retirement.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. paranoidninja

paranoidninja Rookie

Ratings:
    +141 / 3 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    ... after we had the big debate about the new strength and conditioning coach, and the comparisons in injuries vs. years and coaches past ... ack.