Bears look at candidates for Melton's spot

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 24, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

SuperFan Member of the Month DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    The search begins.

2. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Let the rookies rise,.... can't do much worse than Melton since he's been slow to come around since training camp

Baptism by fire ! ! !

3. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

It's good to see Emery pounding the pavement already. Collins looked better in the regular season than pre-season. Based on Zach's pre-season play he need to work on his strength.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

If it was Jerry and Lovie they would have waited until Week 14 or 15 to even make a decision. I would still like them to look at Richard Seymour.

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Angelo would be working tirelessly to find a replacement. He'd be at every town swimming pool, searching for the next Jarron Gilbert, that perfect "pool jumper" because it's common knowledge that a DL has to be able to jump out of a swimming pool in order to be a good dlineman :-)

• Like Like x 3
  6. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

I am sad to say that I had that video as a favorite on my YouTube account for a while........

• Like Like x 1
  7. MalagaBears

MalagaBears Veteran

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

About what I figured. He's about as good as you're going to get dumpster-diving at this point in a season. You reach into the toilet and try not to pull out a stinky one.

9. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

According to CSN Chicago Paea will be playing at 3T in place of Melton, and Collins will be NT.

..http://www.csnchicago.com/bears-talk/viewers-guide-paea-could-bring-power-three-technique ..

Old news perhaps, but thread relevant.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mr. Deliverance

Paea BELONGS at the 3T. ITS WHERE HE DOMINATED AT OREGON.

#10 Mr. Deliverance, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

I agree with this wholeheartedly. He is very quick off the ball, and gets good penetration due to his strength, stature, and good hand use. I actually think he will excel at that position.

12. Mr. Deliverance

I have to tell you Bunch...I've been very disappointed that the Bears have elected to have Melton at the #T as opposed to Paea. Paea is a natural fit for the 3T. He's going to play like a boss at that 3T and show the Bears how wrong they've been...or I'm going to a truckload of dicks because of him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

I too have always thought that Paea should have been the 3T DT. This is his chance to shine there.

14. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

BEARS NEED TO BE LOOKING FOR NEW DC Barring the turnovers they still looked like shit

15. mdbearz

mdbearz Pro-Bowler

Any chance the Paea at 3 technique and bringing in Washington on a normal rotation and just bring Shea in for obvious passing situations might be a way to help the D-line?

16. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    Member of the Month DBS Writer

Paea was at the 3 tech this week, and how well did that work out? I also heard that Wooton found himself inside a lot more, which would tell me Shea was out there more then he should have been.

I do agree that Washington should probably get a shot, he cannot be worse then Shea at set the edge to prevent the run; and really w/a 1/2 sack in 4 games could he be worse then Shea in the passing game?

17. mdbearz

mdbearz Pro-Bowler

This week looks like a hopeless case for the D-line. Saints are going to pick us apart because they are good at getting the ball out quick and lulling you into a long pass to the big guy.

18. mdbearz

mdbearz Pro-Bowler

This week looks like a hopeless case for the D-line. Saints are going to pick us apart because they are good at getting the ball out quick and lulling you into a long pass to the big guy.

19. Mr. Deliverance

RIC he hasn't played 3T in a long time. It takes some reps for the guy. You just don't come in there and play like gangbusters when you haven't played the position in like 3 years. Its where he did his most damage at Oregon. I'd give it some time chief.

Fuck if people can give that dickhead Cutler 5yrs, I think people can give Paea a few more games to get re-acquainted with the 3T.