Bears lose to the Rams 42-21: Who gets the deflated football?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Nov 24, 2013.

?

Who gets the deflated football?

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    Had to post, will die if I look at another textbook anytime soon:

This is what we have on defense. Does that mean the defense isn't to blame? Hell no. I'm just pointing out that a 7th rounder is becoming our best defensive lineman and the rookie linebackers are still green(okay, I'm kind of giving the linebackers an excuse, even though they regressed today).

In order of blame for why the defense sucks:

The DT's
    The DE's
    Conte/Wright (get them off my t.v. and out of my nightmares)

The defense is NOT the only ones to blame here, by any means. The St. Louis Rams have, the BEST defensive line we've had to play against all year (No, Detroit is VERY overrated, and the Ravens were missing their NT), so running up the middle on fourth down at the end zone, especially given how little that has worked this year, also deserves part of the blame. I love Trestman, and I understand he is aggressive, but he's given up the FG too many times this season. I know he loves "playing the percentages", but gambling with Michael Bush on 4th down is like saying "hit me" when you have 20 in blackjack.

Forte fumbled the ball in his own territory, and the Rams got a TD out of it? I can live with that. Dude's better at holding onto the ball better than Walter Payton ever was, and screws up so little that, while his fumble contributed to the loss, I would think it to be absurd to give any real blame to him.

Undisciplined play. You ****** kidding me? We had 3 touchdowns called back because of stupid penalties? I know each of the 3 parts of the team will have their slumps throughout the year (or in the defense's case, every game the offense is playing great), so, while this obviously helped the Rams out, there is no reason to be concerned about this sudden lack of discipline, unless they continue down this path for a few more games.

Little Bear. He wore his Rex Grossman jersey again, and it cost us the game.
    • Bass: A rookie 7th rounder that was cut early by the Raiders.
    • Cheta: Was signed, then cut to make room for Bass and signed to the PS, then elevated.
    • Cohen: Has played for five different teams in five years, played three games in two seasons prior to this season.
    • Bowman: STer that is taking over for Tillman.
    • Frey: Last year's 6th rounder.
    • Bostic: Rookie out of the second round.
    • Greene: Rookie out of the fourth round.
    These are massive dropoffs in terms of both talent and experience.
    • Cheta: Was signed, then cut to make room for Bass and signed to the PS, then elevated.
    • Cohen: Has played for five different teams in five years, played three games in two seasons prior to this season.
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    Had to post, will die if I look at another textbook anytime soon:

This is what we have on defense. Does that mean the defense isn't to blame? Hell no. I'm just pointing out that a 7th rounder is becoming our best defensive lineman and the rookie linebackers are still green(okay, I'm kind of giving the linebackers an excuse, even though they regressed today).

In order of blame for why the defense sucks:

The DT's
    The DE's
    Conte/Wright (get them off my t.v. and out of my nightmares)

The defense is NOT the only ones to blame here, by any means. The St. Louis Rams have, the BEST defensive line we've had to play against all year (No, Detroit is VERY overrated, and the Ravens were missing their NT), so running up the middle on fourth down at the end zone, especially given how little that has worked this year, also deserves part of the blame. I love Trestman, and I understand he is aggressive, but he's given up the FG too many times this season. I know he loves "playing the percentages", but gambling with Michael Bush on 4th down is like saying "hit me" when you have 20 in blackjack.

Forte fumbled the ball in his own territory, and the Rams got a TD out of it? I can live with that. Dude's better at holding onto the ball better than Walter Payton ever was, and screws up so little that, while his fumble contributed to the loss, I would think it to be absurd to give any real blame to him.

Undisciplined play. You ****** kidding me? We had 3 touchdowns called back because of stupid penalties? I know each of the 3 parts of the team will have their slumps throughout the year (or in the defense's case, every game the offense is playing great), so, while this obviously helped the Rams out, there is no reason to be concerned about this sudden lack of discipline, unless they continue down this path for a few more games.

Little Bear. He wore his Rex Grossman jersey again, and it cost us the game.
  3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,195 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    88ß

Plug in that same exact scenario for the O line last year. Still, it took scheme, fundamentals, and philosophy of Kromer to revitalize the line and Trestman for O. Give Tice this years line and it still floats in the toilet. Same as Tucker.
  4. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,195 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    88ß
    Wait, DeVry has textbooks? ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    [​IMG]
  6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    That was a good insult. I'll have to remember that one. Good comeback too.
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,536 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    723ß
    ok, because of a tie here, we are going to have to compromise. Devry DOES have textbooks, but they are all pictures.
  8. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    357ß
    Beats the hell out of reading words. I never use words for anything anymore ... not even this ... you see ... its all icons.
  9. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    The Rams are the type of team you need to beat, even on the road, if you're going to be a contender. We played with our back-up QB, but then, so did the Rams. Jeff Fisher did a better job in preparing his team IMO, and got Tavon Austin involved early to make a big play to set the tone. That combined with Forte's uncharacteristic fumble, and Chicago played catch-up all day after that. A good team can get in a hole and dig themselves out (witness the Patriots last night), but we aren't that good yet, even against mediocre competition. It's a work in progress, and we're not there yet.
  10. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +808 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    697ß
    Sad but true. How did you know? lol
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    That's fuggin' hilarious. Don't worry tho, I was wearing mine during the other game you wore yours, and we lost.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 4 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    42ß
    I think McClellan was responsible for approx 240 of their 260 rush yards. That guy gets sucked in more than (insert inappropriate comment here).

He's so bad at it that the rams had obviously game planned for it. They ran so many plays, counters and fakes to suck him in and he fell for it every fucking time.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,962 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    969ß
    How did Shea get 60% of the snaps when Bass clearly outplayed him...and Cheta probably played him at least even? Draft status?

Speaking of that, has anyone asked Soul how that Shea pick is looking again? He loves to point out everyone elses flaws so much, I'd like to see how that crow he's eating today tastes?
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    I was hating on Bass probably more than anyone, when he first started getting game time (bit on a LOT of fakes early), but he's absolutely getting better. If he continues to progress, or at least play at this level, he NEEDS to be in the DE rotation next year.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,536 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    723ß
    I'm still wanting to be convinced. Not because I don't like what I see, but I want to see a longer trend, but I agree... looks like he is going to be a pleasant surprise.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,962 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    969ß
    Right now Bass should be getting 50-50 or more snaps over Shea.

If Ratliff starts this week, time to get Wootten back to DE and further limit Shea's time on the field.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    412ß
    Oh I agree completely, and wasn't trying to anoint him in any way, but, just saying that if he continues to play like this, he HAS to be in the mix of things next year.

Going off of the assumption that Ratliff would be back next week, the only time I'd use MC Shea is on obvious passing downs, preferably 3rd and very long.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,962 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    969ß
    Shea is getting raked over the coals on 670, the football guys talking to them, and the hosts that were just watching the game are screaming that he should be benched. Said that teams don't even have to scheme to stop him, that he'll take him self out of a run play b/c of his over agressiveness. Now add in that teams WILL scheme for him and you got a huge issue b/c everytime he's out there teams are going to run at him b/c they know the guys behind him also are bad at stopping the run.

CJones, Mercelius, DeCastro....all of them were clearly superior talents and better options then the small "high motor" Shea McC for a DE, although I'm not sure Whitely would have proved much better, he's playing OLB.
  19. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,860 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    835ß
    AP is going to have a field day next week
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Trackguy

Trackguy Veteran

Ratings:
    +164 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Chris Conte shouldn't be on the field. Both long runs were his fault. And yet another PI in the endzone. Just horrible.