Bears make smart play with Garza

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Mar 2, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,058 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    I just hope he has a good year for us, and we acquire a solid guy for Kromer to ramp up for his eventual replacement. I'd sure like to see this happen before we lose Kromer. He won't be here forever.

2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    For just $1.5 mil I'd say the did alright because it keeps the entire line intact. An OC is the only offensive position I could see them drafting higher than the 5th or 6th round and even then the right guy would need to drop in their laps. They've also kept Boggs around for another year so they must see something in the guy they like.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +229 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    626ß
    True dat soul and plenty of picks in the sixth round at Center.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,058 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,783ß
    And I keep reminding myself that we can only fix so many things this year. Not everything CAN be fixed in one year, and the defense is a mess. If the defense is significantly better this year, we can have a better season, but if it's not considerably better we'll have another disappointing season. If we continue one more season with Garza at center the world won't end. I wish we could fix everything on the team that needs fixing but that's simply not possible this year. We will be better this year (I hope), and 2015 will be a lot better - and 2016 is probably the year the team is rock solid under Emery/Trestman. A lot of fans expected the 10-win Lovie Smith team to simply become an instantly solid team under Trestman, but the knowledgeable people here (not me.....I wasn't one of them) predicted an 8-8 season and struggles. Those 8 win people were more realistic. The team has a lot of problems.
  5. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +415 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    148ß
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Garza is a warrior and Long gives him mucho credit for helping him understand his role last year. The guy is the QB of the OL and it just proves how important having a player like that around is. The defense suffered greatly from a lack of leadership last year and hopefully Emery will be smart enough not to let that happen again. I give Garza kudos for understanding his value and his willingness to accept a pretty modest contract for a starting lineman. He's giving something back to the team here in return for having had a long and successful career with them.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    209ß
    Garza wasn't a weak link this year. If he is a boost in the locker room, all the better for bringing him back. It was a fair contract for us and him. I am not sold on Boggs, so another reason to bring back a vet.