Bears may be trying to trade E. Bennett

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ChiCityBears, Aug 28, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,803ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'm fine dealing Bennett, and you can criticize him being injured.

But never question his hands.

Over a three year period Bennett led the entire NFL by having the BEST hands. He is a "money player" for catching passes - including the tough catches. Sure, every player drops some, just like QB's don't complete every pass. But Bennett is as sure-handed as WR's get in this league. And he's always had a solid chemistry with Cutler, going back to his Vanderbilt days where in Jay's senior year, about 1/3 of their passing game yardage went through a freshman, Earl Bennett.

#21 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
  3. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    Trade Bennett for what? What in the world does anyone think the Bears would get for a concussion damaged player? I like Bennett. But he's brittle. And no GM is going to give you anything for a guy that may not be able to play effectively because of a concussion. Seriously let's get real. Put him on the PUP list if possible or IR, if its that bad, and give him time to recover. He's a good player when he's on the field. Not knowing how Marshall's hip issues will affect him this year is even more reason not to look to deal Bennett. The other guys on the roster just have to make up the difference.

They paid good money to bring in Bennett (TE) and are planning to get the ball more into Forte's hands. So you just work around things like this. Jeffery has to step up and let's find out if all the Joe Anderson fanboys have a point with that joker. Every player on that 53 man roster should be able to come on when called on and contribute and not just on special teams. Otherwise they don't belong on the roster.

4. Passepartout

Passepartout Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    Hopefully that they do not trade him. Just give him time to recover. As that is hat he needs. As hopefully Marshall can come back from his hip issues.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    SF, KC and NE might all be desperate enough to be willing to overpay.
    SF: crabtree out, Manningham out(wr 1 and 2)
    NE: do they have anyone?
    KC: Bowe and who?

i'm not saying anything will happen, or that the Bears could get anything worth it, but I could see why some, if a physical is passed, would be willing to risk it.

6. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger Guest

ßearz ßuckz:
    yea but EB IS A 3rd option wr...........i think everyone in the league knows that

7. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    a trade would be good for bennett and the Bears. He get a fresh start and the bears can mitigate some risk. Plus hey make room for a rookie with serious potential.

8. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    810ß
    As long as Marshall is ok mentally and physically I'm ok with this. I would think with Bmarsh, Jeffery, Forte, the black unicorn, and Anderson getting balls their way Earl is expendable esp. with his contract. Getting something decent for him might serve well.

Can we get Nate Solder for him lol.

9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,292ß
    I'd be shocked if they could get anything for a currently injured player with a sizable contract and a long history of durability concerns.

10. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    120ß
    Always liked EarlB but he can't stay healthy. Guy is money on 3rd downs but can see why they would trade him