Bears' NFL draft priorities begin to crystallize

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Mar 17, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    DaBears70, good catch on Grizz's statement. Emery is the honeybear of GM's, it's fully likely that he could take Hagemen or Tuitt or someone else and be all sorts of happy w/himself.

2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I for one would be furious with Tuitt and not happy with Hageman if we passed on Pryor, Dix, Donald. I hate taking a schematically wrong guy in the first round. We have the 14 pick and plenty of needs will have top level talent there. DUNK THE BALL PHIL.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I'm not saying I would be happy, but this is Phil Honeybadger Emery, and he doesn't care about your big board, Walts, Draftek's, ESPN's or anyone elses. If he cannot trade down to get his guy, he'll just take his guy and deal w/it, and like DB70, that's what scares me about him.

4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Completely agree. I will be very nervous when idiot Goddell is ready to announce our pick regardless of who is available.

5. Seqq34

Seqq34
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I understand it all starts up front...but IMHO they need to BEEF up that secondary..Tillman is a fish in a barrel who will more than likely get injured again next year..When it comes down to it, you have two CB's in their 30's, with one being on the brink of fragile(Tillman)...

Of course for the second time in two years, Emery has made FA moves that give them all kinds of flexibility in the draft...It's rather fun to watch Emery work. He's a mover and shaker and for me that is a breath of fresh air. Sure his moves might not pan out....but he's working that shit!!!

• Like Like x 4
  6. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Louisville would be Bridgwater(who apparently didn't look good) and Pryor.

8. Akuma2000

Akuma2000
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

The bears have to draft DT first, if there's no hurries or pressure on the qb it won't matter if Tillman and Jennings is in the secondary......interceptions won't come as fast if the qb can pass at will and not running for his life.

I believe the Bears should draft DT, S and then CB......of course this might change depending on if the guy the Bears have in mind is already off the board by the time they pick at #14.

I know I said draft S in another thread but the more I think about it the D-line is more important, the more the pressure on the qb will help Tillman and Jennings shine.

#28 Akuma2000, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Bingo, gime another guy to hunt the qb and make running inside a daunting task. We can do that then there will be a whole lot more secondary highlights to watch. Nobody can stay in coverage for 8+ seconds I don't care who is back there.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

and you can get a pass rushing DT rotation guy in round 2 and 3.