Bears Niners Game Week 2

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Aug 17, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
    I have read many posts on the Seahawks game being a nice measuring stick which it should be but the real test to me will be the Niners in Wk2 and the Packers in Week 4. I still like our chances. Just watched Denver put up 34 pts (34-0) on the niners. (Nice new stadium for the Niners ) Its pre-season but in my opinion we look much better than the niners at this point and time.
  2. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    I am scared of the Niners....they don't take any prisoners....:1033[1]: and they SHOULDA/WOULDA/COULDA beat the Seahawks last year in the NFC title game if Squidward hadn't shat the bed on that final play.
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
    I respect the them but not scared. We can beat them, Koepernick (sp) arm is solid but much like Cutler has a tendency to make some errant throws. There secondary is all new and learning to play as a team, We get them early in WK 2 which should benefit us.
  4. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    yeah but that D is NASTY bro, even without Bowman!!!!!! I am afraid of Cutty going all "Cutty" and throwing 5+INTs against them, especially if they BRING THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also don't think that we'll be able to run the ball on that Niners D, considering the current state of our OL's run-blocking, which will serve to put even MORE pressure on Cutty!!!!!!!
    • Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  5. Seqq34

Seqq34 Veteran

Ratings:
    +72 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    39ß
    Considering they haven't even scored a TD in 2 preseason games is a good sign hopefully...we all know they have the tools but maybe they have a slow start and don't kick it in till after the Bears lol
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    354ß
    It will be a tough challenge especially on the road. The good news is we get them early and SF has had a very rough offseason. Bowman and ASmith should be out and Boone maybe too. They've also lost 2 backup RBs. The Niners are a team I foresee getting better and stronger as the season goes on so I'm glad we are playing them week 2 instead of week 14.

But you're right...Cutler can't get pick-sickness or we are sunk.
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    Those guys can play. They are one of the top teams and they played Seattle to pretty much a tie. The Seattle game can give us an idea how we are going to stack up against the 9ers.
    I don't expect to win either of those two games, but I would love it if I was wrong.
  8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
    The niners whole secondary has been replaced. They will be much more vulnerable to our Offense.
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    hope so.
  10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    354ß
    The Niners roster on paper has taken a step back. Especially early on when they will be missing two of the their best defenders and adjusting to a new secondary. Harbaugh is a damn good HC so I expect them to be a strong contender in December who may struggle coming out of the gate. I was hoping we would catch them early in the season when it seems likely they will be a bit more vulnerable.

Don't get me wrong--we are going to underdogs for sure and deserve to be but I think we have a shot to pull off a a nice road upset if Cutty doesn't crap himself that night.
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,877 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,178ß
    definitely would work for me...
  12. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
    I still think the Seattle game will be pretty vanilla with respect to play selection. Probably get a better read on both Lines and week to week improvement but question how much of a benchmark it will be even with the starters seeing extended playing time. It will be about execution of basic plays which will give some clues to weaknesses potentially, especially if they try to run the ball on us, we will get a better idea of the Dline and LB play but still not seeing this as a benchmark like the Niner and Packer games will be.
  13. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +682 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    389ß
    Can't wait for this preseason BS to be over until than we are all just pontificating experts.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,259 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,428ß
    Well obviously their OC is incompetent and needs to be fired. Have you seen how the elite O's this PS have been scoring TD's?

I'm very worried about SF I don't expect the Bears to win that game, but I do expect them to hold their own.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mshu7

mshu7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    • Like Like x 1