Bears Niners Game Week 2

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Aug 17, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I have read many posts on the Seahawks game being a nice measuring stick which it should be but the real test to me will be the Niners in Wk2 and the Packers in Week 4. I still like our chances. Just watched Denver put up 34 pts (34-0) on the niners. (Nice new stadium for the Niners ) Its pre-season but in my opinion we look much better than the niners at this point and time.

2. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    I am scared of the Niners....they don't take any prisoners....:1033[1]: and they SHOULDA/WOULDA/COULDA beat the Seahawks last year in the NFC title game if Squidward hadn't shat the bed on that final play.

3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    I respect the them but not scared. We can beat them, Koepernick (sp) arm is solid but much like Cutler has a tendency to make some errant throws. There secondary is all new and learning to play as a team, We get them early in WK 2 which should benefit us.

4. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    yeah but that D is NASTY bro, even without Bowman!!!!!! I am afraid of Cutty going all "Cutty" and throwing 5+INTs against them, especially if they BRING THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also don't think that we'll be able to run the ball on that Niners D, considering the current state of our OL's run-blocking, which will serve to put even MORE pressure on Cutty!!!!!!!

• Bear Down! Bear Down! x 1
  5. Seqq34

Seqq34 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    265ß
    Considering they haven't even scored a TD in 2 preseason games is a good sign hopefully...we all know they have the tools but maybe they have a slow start and don't kick it in till after the Bears lol

6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    It will be a tough challenge especially on the road. The good news is we get them early and SF has had a very rough offseason. Bowman and ASmith should be out and Boone maybe too. They've also lost 2 backup RBs. The Niners are a team I foresee getting better and stronger as the season goes on so I'm glad we are playing them week 2 instead of week 14.

But you're right...Cutler can't get pick-sickness or we are sunk.

7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,787ß
    Those guys can play. They are one of the top teams and they played Seattle to pretty much a tie. The Seattle game can give us an idea how we are going to stack up against the 9ers.
    I don't expect to win either of those two games, but I would love it if I was wrong.

8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    The niners whole secondary has been replaced. They will be much more vulnerable to our Offense.

9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,787ß
    hope so.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    The Niners roster on paper has taken a step back. Especially early on when they will be missing two of the their best defenders and adjusting to a new secondary. Harbaugh is a damn good HC so I expect them to be a strong contender in December who may struggle coming out of the gate. I was hoping we would catch them early in the season when it seems likely they will be a bit more vulnerable.

Don't get me wrong--we are going to underdogs for sure and deserve to be but I think we have a shot to pull off a a nice road upset if Cutty doesn't crap himself that night.