Bears Notes & Tidbits from the Trestman Presser

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Sep 11, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    266ß
    All tidbits via the Bears Twitter
    LM: #Bears practicing inside Walter Payton Center today; will wear 1940s throwback uniforms Sunday vs. Vikings.

LM: Only player on #Bears injury report is CB Charles Tillman (knee), who was limited in practice today.

LM: #Bears coach Marc Trestman says Vikings RB Adrian Peterson will be "all we can handle" Sunday.

LM: Trestman says #Bears don't need to do anything to fire up Julius Peppers; concedes Peppers didn't play as well as Peppers wanted to.

LM: Trestman on #Bears not allowing a sack in opener: "We don't feel we;'ve arrived, but we got off to a good start."

LM: Trestman says D.J. Williams ran well in opener and his conditioning 'was better than we thought" after missing entire preseason.

LM: Trestman says Vikings will come to Chicago with sense of urgency after losing opener against Lions.

LM: Trestman says he expects Charles Tillman to play Sunday; Tillman was limited in practice with sore knee.
  2. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I REALLY HOPE PEP has a big game on Sun. If we are going to have a special season, our pass rush has to show up week in and week out.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,818 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    77ß
    Nobody wants to go 0-2. Statistically your season is pretty much over if you do. The Vikes will be playing like this is a playoff game, and Peterson will be putting that team on his shoulders, trying to carry it to a win. He's had career days against us in the past, including games of over 200 yards rushing. Killed us last December too, when the Vikes beat us.

This is a huge game.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    266ß
    Didn't the packers start 0-2 the year they won the Super Bowl?
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,818 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    77ß
    I don't know Benj. I'm sure there are teams that have done well after 0-2 starts, but statistically your chances of making the playoffs after an 0-2 start, drop to 12%. The Vikes will be fired up bigtime for this game. We'll see how well we can do against AP with this defense. I don't think Ponder can beat us with his arm, so AP is the key. Gotta slow him down to win. Cutler needs to play another smart game & get rid of the ball quickly.

I found a link on that here LINK.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    MOST importantly of all, I want to start 2-0, as opposed to 1-1. We SHOULD be able to beat the Vikes at home. Just load the box with defenders, do everything you can to stop Peterson, and dare Ponder to beat you with his arm. Trust me, he won't. Dude's a bigger weenie than Nakoma.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,201 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    93ß
    I know the Patriots did in '03, and that was with starting the season off being blown out by the Bills 31-0.

Anyhoo, I'm less concerned about the pass rush this game, and more concerned with stopping Adrian Peterson. Paea looks like he could be the guy we've been needing to stop us from getting gashed in the middle. But it's only been one game, so...
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    266ß
    The Bears have a good shot starting 4-0
    • Like Like x 1
  9. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The Bears and Vikings typically trade wins, collecting at home. I would be more worried about the later game. I can't remember the last time the Bears lost to them at Soldier Field. It might've been four years or more.
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +436 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    Hey JABF, just noticed your new sig very nice.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,446 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    227ß
    The radio guys, and the Bears beat guys have loved hearing Trestman talk. One report said they felt like they learned more in 4 min's of Trestmans opening meeting about Sundays game w/the reporters on Monday then he had in all the years w/Lovie combined.

When they carried coaches meetings during the week the last few years I turned the channel, now I listen
    • Like Like x 1