Bears Offense: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    We can't say we are out of a playoff berth yet, but yeah if what logically comes to pass, I would have to say it was primarily because of the lack of D. I never expected to see this kind of drop off from one year to the next. I also did not expect to see our O score this much. I kind of expected more of a steady offense that could hang with the best teams because our D could keep the opponents scores fairly low. More of a "better than midpack" offense.

And honestly, with the flaws that the offense has, it is probably just that. Except it scores like a top tier O. I can't waht to see what this O will be like after the players have had a few years in it.

I just hope we can get some real defensive leadership in here that can turn that ship around. If we can do that, we are going to be one hell of a team to try and stop.
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Jesus christ, how many times do I have to say in the same thread, IT IS THE DEFENSE'S FAULT? Reading comprehension, learn it.

Gotchya! I understand perfectly. Can you just go over the part right after Jesus Christ?

Our offense "does no favors", because they directly (as well as the defense, I know some of you have already forgotten I mentioned that, in this post) affect the time our horrible defense is on the field, and turn the ball over, which, directly leads to losses.

MPbears68 said:
    ched a critical mass is crap. IT SUCKED FROM GET-GO and it still sucks. One unit is pointing up (albeit with quite a way to go to be elite) and the other is imploding and pointing down. I understand the frustration with the O not meeting elevated expectations, but gimme a break, this D is the reason we are gonna be out of the playoff picture after Mondays game.
    You, I'm done with you. You seriously do not understand complex issues, and have this myopic view of the team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2013_games.htm

Here, read this. You'll notice that, yes, the defense did give up a lot of yards in those games, but if you understand football to even a basic level, you should understand the value of a turnover.

Again, I think I've made my point. I understand what each of you are saying, and you are, without a doubt, completely incorrect.

Come Henry... Seriously?

BUT, ONE LAST TIME, because I fear you may not "get it" with the 5-6 other times I've mentioned it:

The Defense is the overwhelming reason we lose games, especially when they can't turn the ball over. The offense has turned the ball over IN THEIR OWN TERRITORY, ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS. Our defense was "good enough" in four of our first 6 games, to not LOSE outright. The offense helped them lose it, by turning it over IN THEIR OWN TERRITORY, ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS, against the Lions.

TL;DR Seriously, this offense has been wildly inconsistent, at best, and can be a little more than partially blamed for each loss.
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +983 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    Henry,
    Get a freakin' grip dude and get back on your meds. You aren't the sole arbiter of the truth and you aren't the only person who knows anything about football. We also have eyes. And we also have the "reading comprehension" to understand that what you wrote was not entirely accurate to us or at least mis-emphasized one facet over another. You're not talking to some neophyte here buddy.