Bears Offseason Wrap Up................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, May 22, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    certainly might be the case, but Lovie being gone didn't cause players to not be in the right places and not seem to all be in the same defensive schemes.

Anyway, we will know more when we see something. Even preseason will tell us SOMETHING!

2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,262 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,067ß
    Thought you were talking about the players attitude towards Tucker vs Lovie.

Where did this hard left turn come from. :13 4 6[1]::13 4 6[1]:

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,112 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,528ß
    BIH, Tucker's defense doesn't require any two players to be in the same scheme. That's the beauty of it. Players can wander aimlessly anywhere they want. It's designed to keep offenses from learning our D scheme and defeating it. Mel is a genius.

Here he is this off-season in the dark and dank cellar at Halas Hall as he tries to make Conte into an NFL safety (some fear he's using body parts harvested from Major Wright........has anyone seen Wright since we cut him? I didn't think so). By the way, who is this guy helping Tucker? Is he new?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    No wonder Conte can't get there on time. He's got those flat square feet.
    He had asked Tucker for some bigger balls (those Canadian ones) and Tucker thought he meant the balls of his feet, so there was one of those errors in communication that was the problem again.

Now Conte has to shop for his shoes at the same place Sponge Bob square pants goes. I think this has made him unhappy with Tucker. As a consolation prize, Tucker has offered to install a long snapper, but inexplicably this caused even more distance between them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    I saw an opportunity!

6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +3,209 / 12 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    I've enjoyed your posts JABF. I really have. It's been a blast here on the forum, but I honestly spend too much time here being unproductive. I've tried to swear off (it's like a drug) before and have come back every time. I'm hoping to quit cold turkey this time, so if you don;t see me posting any more, nothings wrong... I'm just trying to claim back some hours during the day.

Take care everyone, and BEAR DOWN!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,112 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,528ß
    I understand. On a serious note, I take "vacations" from the board for a week or so - a few times a year. Sometimes longer. I think Soul does too. Hope you come back after awhile though. Also, hope you (and everyone here) have a great holiday weekend!!!

8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,262 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,067ß
    Do not stay away to long. Hopefully a little break will fit your needs.

9. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    I couldn't agree more Soul. To me the riskiest (if that's a word) move would've been to resign Melton to a big contract coming off a major injury & off the field issues.

• Like Like x 1
  10. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Pep definitely wasn't happy here last year and I think a lot of his lackadaisical play was intentional. Yeah he talked about not being able to go full tilt as often because of his age and yet the minute he arrived in Cheeseville all he could talk about was how much he had left in his tank.

The real tip off to me is when he told Emery "watch me, I'm gonna have a great game today" in that Minny game and then went out an dominated it. There was a message to him in that comment. Pep was one of Lovie's pet acquisitions and I don't think he was treated the same by Tucker and as a result he didn't play as hard for Tucker and wanted him gone.

When the D went into it's el foldolo act he saw a chance of that happening but that balloon was burst when they decided to keep Tucker. I pretty much knew right then and there Pep would be gone because there was no way he was gonna take a pay cut AND play for Tucker. He paved his own way out the door and I think it's thrilling him no end that he got picked up by the Packers for two reasons. 1) He wants a shot at a ring, and 2) He gets to show the Bears he can still create some chaos.

I always had a lot of respect for Pep but what he did here wasn't all that dissimilar to what he pulled in Carolina to get out of there. If you all will recall the Panther fans were saying how he took plays off and wouldn't go at 100% at times yet when he arrived in Chicago we never saw any of that....... until last year. Then we saw it big time. At this point in time gimme Jared Allen and his high motor style of play and leadership over Pep any day. Pep was fine when we didn't need him to be a leader but last year when we did he mailed it in and that I won't overlook.

Whatever Melton's reasons he was looking for an out too. It's obvious he didn't like the Bears offers last year and there was "no I want to be a Bear for life" in him anywhere that I saw or heard. Marinelli was his guru, Texas is his home, and JJ was willing to put some money on the table the Bears hadn't. Knowing Jerry Jones he never even gave him a chance to see if the Bears would match it. I'll bet my left nut it was a here's the deal take it now or the deals off the table. He's shrewd enough to know that he couldn't let Emery have a shot at matching it because it wasn't all that great.

He can earn a nice chunk of change if he's his old self but I would bet the Bears would have been willing to do that too AND that the offer they made him last summer was better than this one without all the risk. Phil said that he wanted him back and from what I can see Phil doesn't play those games anymore after what happened with Urlacher last year and the criticism he took over it from certain people. I'm sure he would have been willing to come up with a prove it deal for him just like JJ did but Melton got all butt hurt because Phil didn't make an offer to begin with. Well in effect he did last summer but Melton turned it down so it was their turn to go first this time.

Well like I've been saying about him I wouldn't want to sit across from Phil in a game of Texas Hold'em. He's a very good poker player. Melton and his agent asked him if he was gonna bet his hand an Phil wisely checked to see what kind of hand they were holding. They said we don't want to play and set off in search of a new deal. As soon as Melton did that I figured he wouldn't be back.

Phil played it right. He had the better hand then and he knew he had at least two more aces in the hole in the draft who could replace Melton is he did leave and for less money. I'm more than satisfied with the replacements for Pep and Melton because those are two guys we let go and for the same money we came out of it with Houston, Young, Allen and Sutton and Ferguson. I'd make that trade off any day. It was a well played hand.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1