Bears Offseason Wrap Up................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, May 22, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    They're creeping up on something this year but that opening schedule is brutal ( 4 of the first 6 games on the road) and we have a of new bodies to coordinate and positions being fought for. If they can go 3-3 over the first 6 games then we should see them mesh and move up the charts as the season progresses.

It's those first 6 games that will tell a lot about how far we've come this year but because of that a 10-6 overall seems pretty likely right now. Still, with them adding two more playoff teams that should be enough to reach the playoffs. Then the fun starts because we'll be facing teams we may have lost to earlier in the year. That's when the true measure of the progress made comes.
  2. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +234 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    666ß
    Id play it out over the whole season ... win one ...lose two ... win three ... I mean I dont know where the hell this is going to.

DT ... this is a wait and see.

I cant put a number on ANY of our LBers ... they are there but I dont know whats going on.

DE's well we signed big name people to be IMPACT players ... I havent seen it yet and yea i do remember who Pep was.

The secondary ? It has to settle down ... we DID get the players.

Is the OL intact after Slausons stiches ? Who is Carney ? What is Lynch ?

I know what it could all be as a whole ... I havent seen it yet ... OTA's are just that ... OTA's.

All in all how would I grade them ? Lovie said that when he got here it was about beating Green Bay.

Which happened.

But now we have to have a team that looks after Green Bay and the rest of the NFC North ...

a Team that can handle anybody in the NFC. The AFC after that is when we get there.

We cant be punks anymore. Im tired of this team being treated like punks.

WE ARE CHICAGO BEARS ... GODDDAMMIT !!
  3. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Guess I'm premature here. They're talking about adding them in 2015 not 2014. My bad.
  4. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I don't think you'll see that again. They brought in a whole lot of players this past year who have some nasty attitudes to them when it comes to playing the game. Allen, Ratliff, and Houston have all been around the block a few times and they are intense high motor guys.

I saw Houston playing last year when Oakland played the Broncos and that boy is a very mean tough dude. Not many guys can give Manning fits because he's such a smart QB but Houston was all over him that game. He only sacked him once but he got some nice hits on him that made Manning want to get rid of the ball a whole lot quicker than he wanted to and Ratliff and Allen are both beasts when they're fired up and they will be.

That's two guys who left teams they had long histories with because they wanted to come here to play and I think they'll more than make up for the loss of Pep and Melton. It all starts with that line and I think the combination of the players they got in the offseason coupled with a tough minded coach like Pasqualoni and they are gonna be a much tougher bunch to move the ball on. Paea is in a contract year and they drafted his potential replacement so you know he's gonna be fired up to show he deserves to stick around too. That's a tough front four we should have starting this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +234 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    666ß
    BTW ... we just signed undrafted CB Al Louis -Jean.