Bears Poised for Disaster ??

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jun 20, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +829 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    878ß
    Not making excuses for the Packers, just saying the Bears need to be able to beat them and so far we have not. I like this years team and it looks like we may finally be able to beat them, we will no soon enough. Up to this point though we have not beaten the Pack. If Rodgers played the entire first game I am guessing we would have been 0-2 last year. Thus I am stating what seems obvious, WE NEED TO PROVE WE CAN BEAT THE PACKERS.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +708 / 6 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    967ß
    If the Bears can get their defense up to at least NFL average, we can beat the Packers this year. No wild predictions, but I'm confident.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +209 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    163ß
    Chicken little article... Yes the Packers are still the team to beat. We should not have lost the last game to them. So, I am looking forward to the match up this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I don't deny that main point but again the past is the past. That article is drawing on a very narrow band of 11 games. If we go back to the beginning of the Lovie era we WERE winning more than they were. From 2004-2008 we were 7-3 against them but the author only chooses the period from 2009-2013. So when you blend the ENTIRE ten year period it's not 2-8 it's 9-11 in favor of the Pack and just one game short of 10-10. A game that for all intents an purposes should have been won by the Bears.

In the Trestman era were still 1-1. Depending only on the most recent history in this series is ALL the author wants anyone to see just like an illusionist who directs your attention away from reality to make his trick work. The bottom line is that over the past decade the two teams gave been more evenly matched than this article would like anyone to see so don't take it at face value. That's all I'm trying to point out.

That and to stop giving the Packers an out for playing without Rodgers when we were without our top defenders almost all year long. Come man. Level the playing field. We didn't lose to them with Rodgers playing that last game we beat ourselves because of stupid play. Rodger's gets no more excuses for being rusty than Cutler does because he'd missed significant playing time before that game too or an excuse for Briggs who returned after his injury overweight and out of shape or for Pep who by that point in time was probably past caring and was the one who blew a sack that could have ended the game even before that immaculate reception.

Saying we have to beat the Packer is a given. They're the reigning NFCN champs and have been more often than not but saying we haven't beaten them isn't the same thing. We didn't lose that NFCN crown to them just because of that game. We lost it because we got beat in 4 of our last 6 games. In reality it shouldn't have come down to that. We folded in the second half of the season again just like we did under Lovie. THAT's what needs fixing. Fix that and the rivalry with the Packers will take care of itself.
  5. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    I guess we will agree to disagree.