Bears Poised for Disaster ??

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    112ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    ^^^Yeah, that's everything I meant to say! :rofl:

2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    Yup, bout sums up how I feel about that one Soul.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,253ß
    This is one point I still think the jury is out on. We need to beat GB on a regular basis like we did in the 80's and early 90's. Lately they have been enjoying the rivalry way to much. It has lost some of it luster recently as it has been a long time since both teams were on equal ground. Urlacher even once called it another game. These guys need to understand it is not just another game, it is the road to the championship and one of the longest running rivalries in all of football, both for the fans and the players. A couple years back I seem to recall GB saying Detroit is there new arch rival. Well hopefully these players realize the history here and give it there due respect and diligence.

I think Tillman gets it, and I am not sure about Briggs_ scared he sees this more like Url did. Emery is old school and was a scout previously when this was the greatest rivalry in all of sports. Hopefully these young guys will come to understand this.

So much for my rant, my point in the end the handful of wins we have over the last 10 years or so makes this statement very true to me. We may think we can beat GB but we have to prove it on the field to get this off the bucket list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß

:bah:That's OK PB you all know what a "wordy" son of a bitch I can be. :3 8 11v[1]:

I think my keyboard may need to be replaced because it was smoking as I typed. I didn't appreciate what that Packer loving bastard wrote and how he manipulated the data to backup up his theory. I just felt is wasn't an honest appraisal at all. :badmood:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß
    I get it as far as the 2-9 thing the guy wrote about but again he selects a window that suits his theories just like he does with the rest. This guy must be a frustrated prosecuting attorney because that's what they do. They judiciously select only the evidence that supports their theory of the crime and ignore that which may be exculpatory.

Well then call me the Bears 2014 defense attorney. My job is to poke holes in those theories by making sure that any evidence that refutes them is also considered. So I did. If he's gonna do a history lesson then let's include the Ditka era coached Bears when we dominated the series. Would that have been a legit basis for saying the '90s Packers led by Brett Favre couldn't beat the Bears? No it wouldn't would it? So the author is not only being selective but his entire point in somewhat invalid.

Historically we've also won more often than they have but does that make any difference from this point forward either? No it doesn't. That's all behind us now. The only thing that may be valid now is that last year, under a new HC, with a new offense, and a piece of shit defense we split the series and only lost the last one because of a screw up in coverage. That's current history under the current regime. The Lovie/JA era is over for us just like the Forrest Gregg coached era and pre-Ted Thompson/Mike McCarthy era is over for them. The rivalry began anew last year and by my count where 1-1.

As far as who the Packers think they're main rival is I don't really give a hoot. I also don't care what Urlacher had to say about it. Maybe he was just trying to protect Lovie from the embarrassment of not being able to meet his commitments from the day he was hired about beating the Packer twice a year. Besides Urlacher is retired now. His days are over. All I care about is that the Bears know who there main rival is and play like it twice a year. I believe with the bunch we have running the show now that'll happen.

I'll say it now. There aren't gonna be anymore walk across NFCN championships to be had any longer. The whole division is improving itself so every NFCN game needs to be treated as a rivalry.

6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,253ß
    Current history though we won after Rodgers left the game, Thanks Shea McC. With Rodgers in his first game back and rusty they still beat the Bears. Call it what you want but we lost. Be it the fumble on the ground everyone looked at, or the botched play at the end. Until we win consistently we will not win the superbowl. Maybe I am old school, but I do care the Packers do not see us as there main rival anymore. It shows how far we had fallen when they are more worried about Detroit than the Bears. It is a direct reflection of how Urlacher and the other Bears viewed the match up. In the days of old the rookies new it was not another game because the Vets let them know. This has been lost in Chicago and I hope visits by the Vets like Singletary and others along with the coaches can get the team to realize GB may be a game on the schedule, but it is not just another game. JMHO

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,303ß
    1. The old school thing about 30 being "The Cliff" in football hasn't been valid in years. With modern nutrition, sports medicine improvements, far better trainers (light years better than in the past) etc etc, age 30 isn't what it used to be. These athletes (most of them) take far better care of their bodies too. Just look at these guys up close, like at training camp, and it's really amazing that even 300+ pound linemen look buff and cut - these aren't fat boys like William Perry "The Fridge" was. Many solid players are showing that they can be playing at a high level at age 35 and beyond.

2. Emery is improving the roster, but as one poster already said, this doesn't happen overnight. That being said, I believe we have brought in some very talented young players through the draft. Emery will continue to build through the draft as we move forward.

3. Just because we struggled with the Packers under Angelo/Lovie, don't assume Emery/Trestman will. I have to believe the GB team is crapping their pants now that they realize we have a "real" GM and HC here in Chicago who are QUICKLY putting together a solid team.

4. Getting back to the "old guys" thing. Most head coaches in the NFL would give their left nut to have some of our "old" players (like Brandon Marshall). The guy who wrote this article must be a bit "slow" or an outright halfwit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rakk

Rakk
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    I for one am raising my kids to loath and despise the Packers. They all do, and it makes me a proud papa! The NFL has changed, and it feels way more country club among the players, but rivalries are what makes sports fun. Remember the earliest days of playing as kids, and there was always that one team that you just had to beat, regardless? We may not of even known why, but we just knew they were the enemy, and had to be defeated at all costs! I wish the pros would recall those aspects of the game, and, even if they don't believe it anymore, at least act like it's important.

• Like Like x 3
  9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,935ß

BSB why do you care what the Packers think? If they don't consider us their main rival well all the better. Maybe the don't take the game quite as seriously then but I doubt that's really the case. The Packer/Bear Rivalry is the oldest in the NFL and whoever wrote what they did or said it doesn't really know WTF they're talking about.

What you're saying isn't "old school" thinking it's just wrong thinking. Just because somebody wrote it with intention of insulting the Bears or some junior Packers player said it who wasn't privy to the history of the whole deal doesn't make it so. The only thing that's making it so is YOU believing that bull shit. Don't let that manipulate your thoughts. Nothing has changed.

You're entire post is nothing but making excuses for the Packers. Rodgers was out or he was rusty? Poor boy. He's probably the best QB in the NFL and he's been in that offense for what, four or five years now? Rusty my ass. Every QB in the NFL should be rusty like him. They won the game because we handed them two gift TDs. We beat them the first time and I don't give a good jeezly God damn whether Rodgers was out or not. We took him out didn't we?

Where are the Bears excuses for playing with half a defense that was playing with some players who wouldn't even have made the roster in September. We were without a Pro Bowl DT, CB, MLB and a Pro Bowl WLB who'd just returned to action after an injury? Was he rusty too? Is that why we blew the play call on that TD? Fuck how Urlacher viewed the matchup. He may have had ulterior motives but in any case he's not playing any longer. The rivalry is only lost if you believe it is and that's all up to the players and the coaches.

It can't be any plainer than the nose on their faces that in order to ensure they make the playoffs they need to win their division and in order to do that the have to beat the guys that keep winning it every year. If that's not a current rivalry I don't know what is and no one has to say it before it becomes true. It just is.

You can see it anyway you want but in this era we're 1-1 so no one has dominated anyone so far. If we lose twice to the Packers this year you can come back to me and ask me to eat crow but for now the series is still 1-1 in this era.

10. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    692ß
    Bottom line; you can have 1/2 a beer left, or 1/2 is already gone. It depends on your perspective. No matter how you slice it though, the arrow for this team is pointed up. Now, I have to go because I still have 1/2 a beer to finish before happy hour officially starts.

• Like Like x 2