Bears position outlook: all but the qb

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jan 21, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,891ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Uhm, what?! :confused: Did I miss something?

Onobun is horrible. Can't catch, can't run, has no instincts and you call him a "promising" prospect? Please Mr. Wright, put down the crack pipe.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,761ß
    JABF, the article says that he's the most athletic TE they have on the team, but he's struggling to convert from BBall to Football. Emery, much like JA, LOVES athletes over football players; Shea and Long were both athletes more then Football players.

All I can do is assume they are hoping he makes a transistion this year and he becomes a legit option next year.

lil b, he's promising b/c of his atheltic ability; and it was the article that called him promising, not me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. little bear

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,891ß
    I know that, bro. ;-)

The thing is he's been in the NFL for 4 years and he still hasn't made a transition. How much time does he need? Another offseason? Preseason? A whole season?

I don't want them to waste their time like they did with Kellen Davis. I'd give him till August. If he still hasn't made any progress, move on.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,761ß
    Lil B, he never played college or hs ball, i would guess it'd take several years...but that is why they need to draft a guy.

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,770ß
    Here's the latest one. It's on the OL. I'm still trying to make up my mind about it. Is the OL "fixed" or just a fix in progress? Brad Biggs, in a Chicago Trib article today says we must go after a center THIS year.

#15 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. little bear

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,891ß
    Unless Mills isn't ready for Training Camp and backup tackle Joe Long turns out to be a bust, I don't think we have to worry about the oline.

Something I would have never thought to be able to say as Bears fan. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    Britton played as a Tackle Eligible in the heavy package and he played well, I think he even stepped in for Mills, so I would hope they bring him back.
    Brown is capable of taking over at either Guard position.
    I would like to see Slauson take over at Center, very similar to what Garza did.

Bushrod,Long,Slauson,Brown,Mills if Garza is not coming back with Britton as the swing tackle.

Same as last year if Garza comes back.

Draft a guy late if at all, maybe UDFA.

• Like Like x 1
  8. little bear

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,891ß
    Of course Arkansas' C Travis Swanson would be pretty cool but we must not draft any offensive lineman in the second or third round. We've got more problems than that.

9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,770ß
    I liked how they used Britton. He was a big help blocking. I realize he's not a receiver, and just a lineman, so other teams paid zero attention to him as far as a receiving threat. He was just blocking, but wouldn't it have been cool to see him slip downfield and catch a pass since he was always tackle-eligeable? Towards the end of the season I thought they might use this and really catch a defense napping. I wonder if the guy can catch?

10. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    Britton stepped right in for Mills in the last game and played pretty good. He is still young. I say bring him back. They may be able to expand his role if Garza goes.