Bears' preseason schedule released

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Apr 9, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,503ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    • By Michael C. Wright | April 9, 2014 3:40:13 PM PDT
    The NFL released the 2014 preseason schedule on Wednesday, and while the precise dates haven’t yet been set, the Chicago Bears host thePhiladelphia Eagles in their exhibition opener (weekend of Aug. 7-10), followed by another home outing on Aug. 14 against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Chicago plays its next two opponents on the road in Seattle (Aug. 21-24), followed by the traditional preseason finale at Cleveland on Aug. 28 or Aug. 29.

What should be interesting is that Chicago plays preseason game No. 3 -- which is often when the starters receive their most significant action of the exhibition season -- against the defending Super Bowl champion Seahawks.

While it’s only the preseason, the opener against Philadelphia is also somewhat of a compelling matchup given that the Eagles smashed the Bears 54-11 at Lincoln Financial Field on Dec. 22, 2013. Had the Bears won the contest, they would’ve advanced to the postseason.

The club's Aug. 14 matchup against the Jaguars will be nationally televised on ESPN at 7 p.m. CT.

The exact dates and times for the other three matchups will be announced at a later date.

2. Seqq34

Seqq34
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    272ß
    love this schedule...good measuring stick on that 3rd game, even if it's pre-season

• Like Like x 2
  3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,938ß
    Cleveland again? Man, that's like having to eat a bologna sandwich every day for lunch for a year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJ-30

JJ-30
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    399ß
    We have Cleveland for a reason, it close to home no travel time, a quick ride home. No time off before the start of the season, so everyone should be really to go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,938ß
    I know JJ but maybe St Louis or KC or Tennessee just once? They're in the neighborhood too. I love pizza but not every night.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    518ß
    I never invest much into the PS, other than to see guys we don't know much about. I'm sure I'll be watching our rookies we get along with Shea at SAM, Bostic wherever he is and our S corps. But I love the sea game as PS game 3. Not really a measuring stick, because we all know despite being the "dress rehearsal" the real goal is for no one to get hurt. It will however be a good "tune up" esp for our offense. It lets our D see a similar back to Lacey and thats always good to get accustom to as well.

Anyone know when RS schedule is released?

7. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,405ß
    Yeah, it gives you a little preview of the rookies but otherwise the PS is just a tryout for guys competing for the last 5 or so roster spots. They're pretty meaningless "games" IMO. Last year Bostic looked good in PS. That didn't translate when the games actually mattered later.

The only thing I care about in PS is not getting any key injuries (which happens every year--Keller, DeCastro, Cooper). I'm happy to go 0-4 losing 42-7 every time rather than losing a key player for an extended time in a worthless pseudo-contest.

Btw, Grizz, the RS schedule supposedly will be out next week or the week after at latest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MikeV

MikeV
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    What about an even shorter trip, to Indianapolis. Probably be a little easier for either team to get a few extra fans, especially in Indy where there are quite a few Bears fans that would love to see any game action in person...like me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,503ß
    Go back a number of years, the perfect game four would have been the Cardinals

10. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,566ß
    Meaning when the Cardinals played on the South Side?

• Winner Winner x 1