Bears rookie guard Long stands out

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Jul 29, 2013.

1. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp Staff Member Staff Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    the reason why noone is getting a new deal is if cutler gets a new deal he will likely get 50+ mil in guarantees. All other deals would have to come after that and many players will likely be let go. If we start signing everyone up now we will have difficulty in keeping cutler
  2. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    I agree Mo. I also think they don't want to sign players long term until the new coaching staff can evaluate them & see how they fit in. JMHO.
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    541ß
    That's one possibility. Another is that they're actually reviewing the play of everyone on the team, because they're so close to the cap, and can't afford to invest until they have a better idea of what/who will work and what/who won't in the newly established ranks of Halas Hall.
  4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +483 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    This move dosent surprise me one bit. We have Brand new HC, OC, DC and all the aux. coaches to go with them. You can watch all the film on guys you want, your not going to get a real feel until you are working with them on a day to day basis. For that reason, this move does not shock me one bit as they are likely evaluating everyone on who will stay and who will go.