Bears Said to Panic if Donald not on Board

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 6, 2014.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,254ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Yeah, every O player who comes off the board high helps us IMO. And the fact that Donald is a very scheme-specific fit helps us too.

Bortles seems assured of being top-10 and may go 1st overall (ya hard to believe but true).
    And I gotta think some dumb team like Jacksonville will take Manziel high just to generate some fan interest and put butts in the seats.
    That leaves Teddy B. Will his crappy pro day push him out of the top-15? Nah, Minny will take him. They have nothing at QB.

2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,254ß
    Yep, with FA 99.9% done there's nothing to hold interest until the draft which Roger pushed back 2 weeks this year. We are gonna see a lot of lightweight articles over the next month trying to fill time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,337ß
    If 3 QB's go before 14, that will help a bunch. Of course only one position prior to 14 taking the guy you want is all it takes to mess it up. If 3 QBs go, that leaves 10 spots ahead of us. You can bet Clowney will go, that leaves 9. At least 1 WR and 1 OT leaves 7. Probably a LB and more OT, but it gets muddy at that point.

4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,254ß
    Best guess to go in top-13:

2-3 QBs
    1-2 WRs
    2-3 OTs
    1 DE
    2 OLB/DE
    1-2 CBs
    0-1 S

5. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,700ß
    Yeah but it gives St. Roger and his boys more time to build it up and promote it. It's his way of creating rabid anticipation that overcomes rational thought. Kinda like Meat Loaf in "Paradise by the Dashboard Light. You have 32 teams hoping they don't get stuck forever with a dud all because of one night of sin. LOL

6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,337ß
    What they need to be wary of is too much dead time = boring = NFL. Which is exactly what they don't want

7. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    Everyone is talking about the Bears picking Donald. Based on Phil's unpredictability, I'll be surprised if Phil takes him if he is available. Many fans would be upset, but Emery has his own way of scoring players. It's still fun to speculate but we are all on the outside.

8. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,700ß
    This is the first year they've done it this late right? So if it's an unpopular idea they can move it back a week or two. I think the teams like it because it extends the FA stuff longer and gives them more time to prepare their boards. Can't please everybody. I wish it was at least a week earlier than it is.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    584ß
    When you talk panic is this the same panic I saw after he didn't get Bennett, when he picked up Houston and Allen. If this's what you call Emery panicking, I want more panic from Phil because I love it when Phil panics because Bears get even better than what I though was possible. When you're good I don't think they call it panic they call it something else.

10. Trackguy

Trackguy Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    Nonsense. No NFL GM is going to "panic" if one guy isn't available at the 14th pick. We've all seen the "war rooms" on ESPN during draft day. Why would they have that many people working if they were only zeroed in on one guy?

• Like Like x 1