Bears Said to Panic if Donald not on Board

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 6, 2014.

1. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +637 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    I was thinking the same thing bro. Panic, schmanic...no one is going to panic in the war room, especially when there is a realistic chance that the kid will honestly be gone already, and Detroit/NY are realistic, if not optimal takers.

One other thing, I really COULD see the Bears using this media driven hype to just sit back and let everyone build the smoke screen for them. They may not even have him as their first or even second choice. In the last two years, which of Phil's first round picks were even considered to be on the Bears "radar". EGG-zactly! Taylor Lewan anyone? j/k...maybe.

I also agree with those that have suggested that if the defensive targets are all gone, that will leave a top 10 pick dropping either on Offense or Defense. While we still have major holes in the Defense, the work that the FO has done in the off season allows us to have the flexibility to grab an Offensive stud IF they drop to us. If a surprise gift lands in your lap, you have to put yourself in a position to open that gift, and they have done that.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,009 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    The thinking around the smoke screen is a real possibility IMO. I think Emery uses every piece of camouflage he can ... whether created by him or not
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +190 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    McShay is simply another of the clueless espn talking heads. I always thought he was a idiot and this just proves it. He's probably butt hurt because he can't figure out what Emery is going to do. NEWSFLASH Todd ........... NOBODY CAN !
    ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,009 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    I guess no one was in the market for a true #1 WR
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    583ß
    I wouldn't put it that high. More like 20%. Detoilet needs DBs far worse than a DT. They have Suh for that and Fairley and both at gap shooters. If they took Donald it might be more to try him at DE but I still think they'll take Gilbert, Dennard or Dix.

NY as probably the biggest threat but they have major needs on offense too and there are some good offensive players that fit. Could be though and that's who I see as a possible and anyone else who might look at Donald as a DE as well.
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    583ß
    Well...............................:10 14 2[1]: He's this size and the locker room doesn't have a crapper big enough for him to crap on. LOL
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    583ß
    Yeah, especially surrounded by the aroma of so much Tina......I mean tuna. Freudian Slip, pardon me.
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    583ß
    If Donald is gone, Nix is healthy, and Nix is the best DT and maybe even the BPA left I imagine he could take him and move Ratliff back to DT but after hearing Allen's enthusiasm about playing next to Ratliff because of his familiarity with his game I'd think that would be something he'd prefer not to do. Besides at Ratliff's age it would still have us in need of a younger 3 tech DT so maybe he takes Jernigan instead whose closer to it or he waits and takes one later or he does both and gets a younger NT and a 3 tech. That's what Angelo did the year he took Harris. Tank was his 2nd round pick and a good one too if he'd ever been able to stay out of trouble. We need to consider that Paea is in his contract year too.
  9. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,989 / 8 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    183ß
    Yeah, part of me is thinking this is a smokescreen...hype of the possibility of the Bears really wanting this guy, just so they can go in another direction entirely (Ha-Ha Dix maybe), or to even trade down.
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    583ß
    Well while we're in the mood for dealing with the imaginary why don't we take Donald then trade him to Pitt for the rest of their 2014 picks and a 2015 2nd. That's just about what the point value of the #14 pick is worth which is also an indication of what the player taken #14 is worth in comparison to later picks.
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,009 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    20% chance for each one and then add the odds that one OR the other will take him and I think you've got a better than 50% chance
  12. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,009 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    Ditka is coaching Pitt now?!
  13. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    583ß

Nah, just an incognito draft consultant.

If we draft Donald will let his first call be from Da Coach and by the time that call is done Donald will be bleeding navy with orange steam comin' out of his nostrils. He can tell him all about the great tradition of Bears All Pros who played their college ball at Pitt.
  14. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    To add your our post when has Emery ever drafted anyone in the 1st, that everyone is saying he will.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    103ß
    Its no secret DAA BEARRSSE want Donald ... That being said if he has a slick agent it should be cleanup time for him.
    I would. I'd strap Halas Hall over a barrel with a contract and an inkpen.
    Which if it comes to that is why Emery will pass.
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,009 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    Closer to the truth is that it's no secret that Bears fans want Donald... or maybe that it's no secret that Bears fans think that Emery should want Donald....

What the Bears actually want is a closely held secret... second only to the Hester X-Files.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    583ß
    Get up to speed jackie. It doesn't work like any more. The picks are all slotted now. 1st overall get his and then everyone else gets a little less for each pick after that. No more $60 mil guaranteed deals. No blackmail, no holdouts. You get what your slot says you get and that's it. For the #14 pick that's about $10 mil over 4 years.
  18. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    583ß
    You mean that empty drawer that has the plans for Tice's Hester Package?
  19. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    That would be hard to do with rookie contracts already set my the CBA, but I do get your point.