Bears' second-round pick has room to grow

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, May 10, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,058 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,315ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    ya I think this D is going to impress a lot of people, I'm still worried about LB and S(IF inj's happen) but the entire team is better and deeper then last year, minus S.

and MUCH younger. Even more then next year I'm interested to see how the year after folds, as some of the older guys move on how the team looks.

2. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,730 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    786ß
    I agree, Ric. I'm not as worried about S as you are but yeah LB is thin. We do need Shea and Bostic to step up. All in all though I'd say Emery has done a heckuva job on paper of rebuilding a D in one offseason that was in tatters just a few months ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    Yea, Emery is the man....he's done more in the first 2 to 3 years here than Angelo did in his 10.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,028 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    He's improved our starting lineup, and also we seem to be going into this season with substantially better depth. At many positions, there is going to be so much solid talent that some good players won't even make the final roster this year. I like that a lot.

5. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    That kind versatility would give any OC many sleepless nights, this is going to be an exciting year to watch for our beloved Bears.......If the Bears stay healthy I believe they're gonna win the division and go deep in the playoffs this year, they will get their revenge from last year.

6. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    62ß
    Yea that's only sad thing about the nfl, a lot of good players not being able to make the final roster.......I agree we're gonna have a good team with great talent overall at every position which makes the team that much better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    152ß
    But that is good for all. You have a need and other teams are full, cut a player , then you can grab them. win/win

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,028 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    It's also good to have high-quality competition in camp. No more Camp Lovie country club where guys just had to show up and stay on Lovie's good side - and they were a lock. We should see some excellent competition this year and I love it. It's good for the players and the team.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +723 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    459ß
    That's why its so great to have GM & coach that look objectively at everything. As players that's all you ask is for a fair shot at making a team and earning a position. Players know who deserve to play and who doesn't so when players see there is no favoritism it makes busting your ass so much better. As a player knowing you have a legitimate chance makes a player play harder knowing the best player gets to play. Not the player that is the best rump ranger with the coach gets the job. Look at the good coaches they don't get lovie dovy or attached to any one player ask Belichick.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,058 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,315ß
    One of the recently retired Bears, might have been Izzy or Dez, or someone else I cannot remember, was asked about that, and they brought up Bauzine, they said first day of practice they wondered why he was drafted b/c he could not play. The entire team knew it the first day of practice!