Bears should hope Vikings listen to AP for QB advice

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Mar 7, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,068 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    I agree. I would LOVE to see them make Vick their QB. It would be one less NFC-N team to have to worry about. We've pretty much owned Vick his entire NFL career.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +672 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    This would be cool, one more reason to hate the Vikes.
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,694 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,165ß
    The Vikes just restructured Matt Cassel's deal yesterday for 2 years @ $10 mil and they still have Ponder under a guaranteed contract so if they release him it will cost them over $3.2 mil in dead cap space and they don't save one red nickel to offset that. I don't think the Vikes will be after McCown. It was just another rumor without substance.
  4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    287ß
    Cassel 2yrs, $10MM.

That made my day. :bah:
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    576ß
    which is why a guy like McCown is going to get well more then the 2-4 the Bears could offer.
  6. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    287ß
    That's too bad because none of them are worth that much. It will be interesting to see if McCown is just another arrogant and superficial QB who wants money or someone who's smart enough to realize that Chicago's system is the reason for his success last year.
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,662 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    576ß
    LIl B, would you take less money; I'm not talking 5-10 thousand, to stay at a job you liked that made your job easier, take it you have 1-2 years before retirement, or are you going to take the job that pays you double or triple what your current job does? Mccown's legacy is set, nothing he does here or anywhere else is going to change how people view him.

I'm telling you right now if the Bears offer him a 2yr 4-5 mil contract and another team offers him a 2yr 8-10 mil, there are ZERO people on this board, OR the NFL that would stay w/the Bears.
  8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +598 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    466ß
    McCown was a starter for a couple years in Tampa was it? I do not believe he made obscene cash comparatively speaking but he made decent money I suspect. I think these guys may look at it differently in that there grandchildrens children are already taken care of and after you have that kind of money it is probably not as critical to them as us. I am by no means saying it is not part of the equation but it may not be as near the top and other items such as impact of family, job comfort, Learning a new system, may have an equal or greater impact on the decision. Once again the money is a part of it, just not as high up in the ranking of pros and cons if you will because the need is not there with it.
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,034 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß
    Heard about the Cassel deal. I guess the market price of $3-4m/yr I cited for the top vet backup QBs has moved north to $5m/yr now!

Soul and Ric are both right IMO. Minny won't be pursuing McCown now and it looks like Josh is going to command more than the Bears can afford to keep him.