Bears should let nature take course with Bostic

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla

I hope EVERY Linebacker we draft is 'Lach v. 2.0 (or better). This would be a good thing.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01

So will Jon Bostic, the impressive rookie middle linebacker running with the No. 1 defense since starter D.J. Williams went down Wednesday. Like Briggs did from Day 1, Bostic looks like he belongs in an NFL huddle. Initial impressions make it easy to see why the Bears drafted Bostic 50th overall — the highest they have taken a linebacker since Briggs fell into their laps at 68 in the third round of the 2003 NFL draft

There has been so much talk about Long and Cutler and Frey or the inj's I hadn't really heard much about how Bostic has looked. I'm encouraged to hear this. Again it looks like Emery knows how to get the best value in every round but the 1st. I look forward to a future of Bostic/Green at starting LB's.

Loki, thanks for banning both of them. no need for either of those comments. I'm all for discussions, even heated but that escalated to uncomfortable way to quick.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JPosh2012

JPosh2012

I'd even take 85% as good as Urlacher.
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01

He's not BU anything. Rogers not Farve 2.0, Rogers is great b/c he's rogers not b/c he's as good or better then Farve, Farve was a one of a kind that cannot be duplicated. BU is a one of a kind talent and no one will ever replace him, Bostic just has to be good enough to take the field and make the correct plays.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy

Yeah, at first I was a little uneasy with the pick (I'm always that way with Florida players)... but I've come around and I think Bostic is gonna be beast. I also don't care if he's Lach 2.0. He doesn't need to be. But it sure would be nice if he was!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

It is a bears board, but it is also a public forum. We don't need fighting that gets personal in the public areas. It turns too many potential members off.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz

WELL, he looks like he belongs.

I don't mind saying that I called him BU 2.0!!!

Of course it is preseason, but that is what we needed to see from him.

The reality is that we will need a couple of games won by the defense until the offense can get it together.
  8. JJ-30

JJ-30

Thats funny since most of the members here are from the old board and it didn't seem to be a big deal over there. Its onething when things start to ge out of hand its another to have a want a be mom telling us oh no you shouldn't say this or that. Give it a break and get off you high horse. I would say over 95% of the poster on he are men and we hear these thing being said every day. No big deal.
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston

JJ I can personally say that is why some of the old members left the old board. Not so much the swearing, but the constant personal attacks I saw. Even though they were not directed at me, it got old. Personally, I like the fact that this board is monitored to a higher standard. It creates a different product in the market and it attracts a different group because of that. I think we have the best group of guys here on this forum because of the environment. That's just my input.
    • Like Like x 6
  10. riczaj01

riczaj01

Agreed BiH, no matter who is currently on the site, it's meant to be a family environment and how quickly those two reacted towards eachother was silly and you might not mind the swearing, but it's a act of low character; and although in TBS I have no issues as it's not just allowed but somewhat expected this specific forum has no place for it. That was an obvious troll move by MrD and it would have been just as easy to blow it off then to try and actually respond.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

We have a Terms Of Service for a reason. We allow a fair amount of leeway before we get high-handed with anyone, but there are lines that simply can't be crossed. Personal attacks are that line. We've gotten several users from the offish, and just about everyone one of them have stated that is one of the reasons they left.

We have an area where that kind of thing is allowed. But it is NOT in the public forums outside of that area. This works for us. Everyone understands that. And those that cross that line, even after repeated warnings, WILL see "mom".
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7

Men don't put up with childish behavior out of adults. They nip it in the bud. Absolutely nothing wrong with the staff demanding respect out of every poster. It makes for a more intelligent, friendly, football focused board.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Okay, I know some of you guys (IDK who) think some of these draftees are potential signs of a switching to a 3-4 defense, but I'm seeing the drafting of Bostic and McClellan as signs Emery is just going for speed. I'm still a little sketchy on why McClellan is a defensive end, tho.
  14. Grizzblue

Grizzblue

I agree I still can't really understand the Shea at de thing but I don't think Bostic is a sign of a 3-4 plan. He will actually be lining up at the same position (20/30) on some sets as FL so there will be some similarity. Scheme is prolly new for him but he seems to be doing more than fine. I think he earned a legit shot to beat out Williams who I have always thought was ok but overrated.
  15. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Williams also was regulated to SAM linebacker (correct me if I'm wrong), when Al Wilson was dominating the MLB spot, his first few years in Denver. I'd be happy if Bostic started at MLB and they moved Williams to that spot.
  16. JPosh2012

JPosh2012

Correct Henry. He was moved to MLB once Al Wilson had a career ending injury.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. riczaj01

riczaj01

DJ has played every linebacker position in a 4-3 and 3-4 in college/pro's. The guy is an all purpose LB
  18. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Ladies and gentleman: Loki520, looking out for potential members' turn-ons. Bow chicka bow wow.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Sharky

Sharky

I know its pre season but this kid impressed the hell out of me, i think Emery struck gold with him and Long. Bostic will be our future going fourth, i love to see rotation with him and Williams, or infact id love to see all 4 LBs out there in a few schemes and let them terrorize some offensive schemes
  20. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Yeah, Bostic was a great pickup, and hopefully Khaseem Greene will be able to replace Briggs when his contract runs out in 2015. So, if Alshon Jeffrey, Long, Bostic and Ghreene turn out to be solid starters, its safe to say Emery has an eye for talent.