Bears Sign Jared Allen To 4-yr Deal

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by draw2anderson35, Mar 26, 2014.

1. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +765 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    527ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    When this D-line comes across a weak O-line is this going to be a fun game to watch. Tampa I hear has weak O-line and old QB oops...didn't mean let the cat out of the bag.

2. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +220 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    SPOT ON ric !
    Emery is still trying to clean up the total mess that he inherited from the "Angler" along with Lovie & his merry men. Getting Trestman and blowing up "Camp Lovie" was a great start. Fix the "O" and now the "D" and draft for the future. Can't all be done in a couple of seasons but I love the way he's going about business with a precise plan that is working so far.
    ;)

3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +765 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    527ß
    Go to Vike web page see how disappointed they are seeing Jared go and look how disappointed we are about Pep leaving. That pretty much sums up these moves by Phil.

4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    It was tough to lose Pep but his heart wasn't in playing here any longer anyway. You could see that most of last year. He needed a change of scenery and he got it. I still have tremendous respect for the guy as a ball player. He's classy guy.

The nice thing about Allen is that despite having a totally different personality he's also a first class guy. He was very involved with the community up there and was involved in a lot of charities so I can imagine it is tough to see him go especially when he's still at the top of his game. He was their version of our Peanut.

But in the long run we're better off. Not just because Allen is younger and has been more productive but we need a more vocal leader both in the locker room and on the field and he's it. Pep was more the strong silent type. I know for a fact that defense missed Urlacher's leadership and intensity and Allen will be a guy who'll restore some of that.

• Like Like x 3
  5. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +529 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    What?? Allen signed with DaBears!? That s.o.b. that fu.ked up Lance? grrr

• Like Like x 1
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Sure beat Lovie's "Steve Urkel look" and the pic of JA with his thumb up and the shit eating grin on his face. This was taken just after he found out the Lovie had offered McCown $10 mil. He's gonna want to beat those Bucs so bad. LOL

7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    I get a kick out of John Clayton. He looks like he should hosting Book of the Month Club instead of being a football analyst but he's really one of the better ones. My favorite commercial last year is that one where he took of the suit jacket, shirt, and tie and to reveal the rock t-shirt and pony tail then jumped into his bed with his Mom calling to him from down stairs. Talk about trying to change your image. :bah:

8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    That's a funny way to spell Mel Tucker shorty. Is it really spelled Mitigating Factors? :smilebig:

9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß

Good find brother. I knew they'd have the structure up by this weekend. Look at that 2014 cap number. Hot damn. Not only did we get a better pass rusher but we got him for less than we would have gotten Pep for even if we cut his deal to $5 mill to pickup that $9 mil in cap space and keep him. And instead of a $20 mil cap hit for Pep in 2015 we have a guy two years younger for $7.5 mil less. That's some slick work by the front office I'd say.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,450 / 13 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,522ß
    He has been called (and spelled) worse.

or... Mitigating Factors could just be his middle name.....