Bears Sign Jared Allen To 4-yr Deal

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by draw2anderson35, Mar 26, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,310 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,478ß

Gotta love that 2nd stat more, b/c you know HE knows when to turn it on. The first stat bothers me a lilttle b/c it doesn't look at the other half of the factor which is the run game; although I have a feeling that they were all pretty bad at that, Shea being the worst.
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,202 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    574ß
    Knew this was happening yesterday after Culter's restructuring, but didn't want to get my own hopes up......so I suppressed the though.
  3. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    You know what is funny about this?
    Shea and Jared are Idaho guys... let hope the two can use some common ground to help in their professional relationship.
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,588 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    Its like the NFC North is completely oblivious to other divisions in the league. "Other divisions? What other divisions?"
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    LOL.....good one..
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Oh, that's bad for you. It can cause ulcers and lead to depression and substance abuse if there's any substances around here to abuse after Mo and Kegger get through with them. ;)

Speaking of Motown, where in the hell is he? Did he leave us or is he just taking a sabbatical like I did?
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    And if not I hope they can both a some mean potato latkes. Might as well eat than watch a game if it's like last year. LOL
  8. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Well hopefully we will be talking about potatoes in a good way, not throwing at the bench.
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    That's their opinion and they aren't 100% wrong but it's also being reported that he turned Seattle down because he wanted to be more than just a situational pass rusher behind Bennett and Avril. He wants to start and with the Bears he can do that. Houston will be far better used if he plays LDE and can slide into DT at times. Then we have Young to back Allen or Houston and Izzy who could also play LDE and DT provided he makes the roster and I believe he will.

That's actually four new DEs this year plus we have Bass and Washington still learning the ropes and Lane and Scott competing with Izzy for that vet backup role. I guess Emery is gonna make damn sure he doesn't run out of quality DL this year. I seems like overkill now but the competition for those backup spots is gonna be intense. If Izzy can't cut it at least he gets to retire as a Bear. I like what he's done here by fixing the edge and only leaving one DT spot to fill.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +914 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    914ß
    Cutler feels so relieved right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,048 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,290ß
    This is coming from people who covered the Vikes last year. Broadcasters and reporters.

Not saying they are right or wrong, but I have to put some weight on it since they see him far more than we do
    • Like Like x 1
  12. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,310 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,478ß
    I heard the same thing, I heard he was AWFUL against the run last year. I did hear one that said it could have been that he saw the year as done just started going after sack #'s, but he said he's not sure that's the case. Also said it was a contract year so who knows how motivated he'll truly be now that he's got paid.

There are some questionmarks, but it's still a good signing.
  13. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,231 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    154ß
    I think with Pep phoning it in last year there will be more scrutiny on Allen, and that's a good thing.
  14. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
  15. little bear

Ratings:
    +914 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    914ß
    From Vikings message board:

http://www.purplepride.org/f16/jared-allen-sign-bears-1112322/

1. Jared Allen sign with Bears!!
      Minnesota Vikings Free Agency Report: Jared Allen Joins The Bears - Daily Norseman
    2. Is it really a good fit? The NFL's worst rushing defense picks up a guy who hates trying to stop the run.

3. never saw that coming. a 4 year deal to boot
      Jared signing with a division rival and facing Jared twice a year sucks! [​IMG]
    4. Just puked in my mouth...
    5. I feel used...
    6. They overpaid for a declining pass rusher. He still has a couple decent years left in him but I don't see him dominating like he did with us. He'll probably wind up a situational guy instead of an every down player. I hope he does ok except when he plays us. Like I've said, it's better to get rid of a declining player a year early than a year late. We needed a younger guy and the cap room if we saved any.​

--------------------

Now I just hope he won't be an overpaid bust, otherwise the rest of the division will have a good laugh. :/
  16. TarheelBear

TarheelBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    What a great FA certainly got younger on D as well more flexability then we had. I can;t wait see how it all comes together. bring on the draft :23_28_100[1]:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    870ß
    Awesome news, I saw it at lunchtime at work. Best lunch I had in a long time and I didnt even eat.
  18. hoth

hoth Veteran

Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    Happy with this signing.
    Kinda surprised at the JA vs Pep stats breakdown over at espn --- hadn't realized how much MORE productive Allen had been over Peppers during the past 4 seasons.
    I think it's good that he's a vocal guy too and will be a leader in that regard, whereas I got the impression that Pep was a guy who strictly let his play do the talking.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. GibsonMcQueen

GibsonMcQueen Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm very happy with the signing. He was my pick from the first day of FA and I'm glad they finally got him. He is still dominant against the pass and I think his run defense will change significantly this year. It's hard to do the dirty job snap after snap when you're in a situation where no matter how well you play your team sucks. If the bears a real chance at being contenders this year, then I think he will have the motivation to dominate.
  20. little bear

Ratings:
    +914 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    914ß
    Can't wait to see Allen in a Bears uniform crushing Aaron Rodgers. :bearbang[1]:

• Like Like x 5