Bears Sign Jared Allen To 4-yr Deal

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by draw2anderson35, Mar 26, 2014.

1. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Exactly!
    This sure isn't your "Jerry Angelo Bears" !
    I wonder what the "Anglers" reaction to this move will be?
    :D

2. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    Lmaooooo....have to agree with the picture, Emery has done it again......he fixed the O-line and now he's fixing the D-line, provided we stay healthy this year I believe the Bears are strong contenders for the superbowl.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    831ß
    Wow, I'm shocked and stunned (in a good way). Didn't think we had a snowball's chance at getting him. This is about the only signing I could see that would justify doing the Cutler contract conversion from two days ago.

If Emery lands Donald at #14, the DL went from pathetic-bad last year to SICK-DAMN-GOOD very quickly. That would be a sweet mix of elite vets who are still have some gas left (Allen, Ratliff), very young up-and-comers (Donald, Bass), with a core in the middle of quality guys in their late-20s prime (Houston, Young, Paea, Collins). Wow, what a turnaround that would be.

I still want Emery to draft Donald in the 1st because I see him as the best difference maker on D who will likely be available there. And a great building block for the future. But......if Phil decides to go LB or DB instead, I can't blame him anymore. He's done enough in FA to make the DL respectable. Add in one piece from the draft and it could be SCARY GOOD really soon.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    That's exactly what I hope is the plan. Keep hin fresh to destroy the QB! BooWaaHaaHaa.

5. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    Those are very nice stats, like night and day......not to mention both players having played the same amount of games, really says a lot.

6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß

True, Emery is far more aggressive than JA ever dreamed of. I also think Emery has grown a lot from last year to this as far as his approach goes. Last year we had a lot of journeyman or rookies starting and lacked impact players due to injuries and a lack of quality depth. This year he went out and got impact players and upgraded the depth tremendously. Even his bottom rung signings have NFL experience under their belts and we have a lot better mix of youth and vets across the board. The Bears legacy has been built on defense. He's doing what he can to restore that and I give him the credit for it he deserves.

7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    The really noticeable difference comes in sacks and pressures. Allen's ratio per snap is much higher. Of course he got to face JWebb twice a year for two years so he gained some advantage there didn't he. :bouncesm:

8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Duplicate post.

9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Nice alarm clock eh? Beats the hell outta waking up to find Kaner on the IR for a bit. :sad44:

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,124 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,544ß
    [​IMG]