Bears Sign QB Jimmy Clausen

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BelieveInMonsters, Jun 5, 2014.

1. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +2,058 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,530ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    persnickety! lol...thats a funny word!

• Like Like x 2
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    LOL, yeah I remember what a little prick he was before he was drafted but my guess is his lack of success may have cut him down to size. I'm sure he got the same one year vet minimum offer that Emery would have made to any vet who he thought might be able to come in and compete for a spot.

In the strictest sense Clausen isn't much more than a developmental prospect himself which is what I actually think they had in mind when they signed him. He's just one whose a little more advanced as far as his knowledge and experience in the NFL game. I don't have a problem with them bringing him in.

3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Hmm, maybe I've got it wrong. Maybe it's Palmer whose been less than overwhelming so far. Well I guess we'll find out as time passes. Emery did say they would be looking at other vet QBs to add.

Frankly I'm surprise by the report about his as far as his mechanics and his throws. He must have improved because one thing I noticed about him earlier in his career is that he didn't throw a pretty ball. He had a lot of wobble in his passes which is not a good thing when you play in the wind in Chicago. Of course McMahon didn't throw a very pretty pass either but he made it work alright.

It's one of those things were Trestman knows the kid fairly well from his work with him so certainly he knows what he's capable of. If he has the basic tools and it's only a matter of mechanics and decision making those can be fixed. Cavanaugh did a good job straightening some of Cutler's problems around so if Clausen has the tools to play in the NFL he's probably worth some effort.

Lord knows with the receivers we have if he can just learn to keep it high and get it somewhere near then there's a good chance it'll be a completion. Man am I ever glad we're done with that band of midgets we used to have.

4. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    91ß

Soul.. get with the times; they are now called LITTLE PEOPLE.... :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Papa_Bear_7

Papa_Bear_7 Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    92ß
    So now we have to call Rex Grossman a mental little person?

• Like Like x 2
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß

Oooops! LOL

Well if they actually were midg....um.......I mean Little People my comment would be very politically incorrect wouldn't it?. But those guys were ordinary NFL players who where a bit "vertically challenged". :bah:

:13 4 9[1]:

7. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    91ß
    I can't believe I forgot about The Mental Midget!! Of course we can call him that.

I actually learned about the Little People on a CSI episode, believe it or not. It was actually really well done; informative and a cast full of little people! It was quite fascinating.

But Rex was granted the title of Mental Midget. Didn't Rivera make that up?

• Like Like x 2
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,440 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,014ß
    I went back and read his 2010 scouting report (see below). It sounds like he could potentially be a good fit for our Trestman offense. I like the fact that the Bears keep trying to upgrade our depth quality. And competition (true competition now) is a really good thing.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß

Wow! What's that scout doing for a living these days? Hopefully he's got all those tools but no one has seen much of them yet.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,412 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,899ß
    wow...just..wow. That report is as laughable as ESPN's rating of the Bears team.

If the Bears can root up 1/2 of that out of Clausen he'll be a great find.