Bears talking to Jared Allen

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Marshall#15, Mar 11, 2014.

1. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,591 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,758ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Earl Mitchell is going to sign a 4 year 16 million dollar deal in Miami...would have loved to have him here.

2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,027 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    Allen can still play well, and I love his style of giving 100%, all the time. The guy not only has talent, but also has a crazy motor going all the time. He could give us a couple of great years. Think of how this DL would be transformed by:

1. Dumping the lazy guy (Peppers) who took full games off.
    2. Adding a top-tier DT in the draft (stud level guy).
    3. Adding Houston at the other DE slot.
    4. Maybe adding another draftee project in one of the first 3 rounds too.

This would open up the opportunity to bring in another stud youngster in NEXT year's draft too. We'd be fine for this season, and have time to add in another draft to fully fix the DL for long-term. I like this move if they can do it. Allen has always been a Bears kind of player anyway. I respect how he plays the game. Total opposite work ethic than Peppers. This guy gives his all, every heartbeat.

• Like Like x 3
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,027 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,403ß
    I guess we have 2 threads on this same topic. Here's what I posted in the other Jared Allen thread:

This would be a good step in fixing our DL woes for this year. Allen can still play well, and I love his style of giving 100%, all the time. The guy not only has talent, but also has a crazy motor going all the time. He could give us a couple of great years. Think of how this DL would be transformed by:

1. Dumping the lazy guy (Peppers) who took full games off.
    2. Adding a top-tier DT in the draft (stud level guy).
    3. Adding Houston at the other DE slot.
    4. Maybe adding another draftee project in one of the first 3 rounds too.

This would open up the opportunity to bring in another stud youngster in NEXT year's draft too. We'd be fine for this season, and have time to add in another draft to fully fix the DL for long-term. I like this move if they can do it. Allen has always been a Bears kind of player anyway. I respect how he plays the game. Total opposite work ethic than Peppers. This guy gives his all, every heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,058 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,315ß
    I think this got skipped, let me repost:

Brad Biggs is saying he's seen the tweets about this, but has never believed that the Bears are real suitors for Allen. I hope he's right.

I don't buy for one minute the Bears are interested in Allen.

5. dabears

dabears Veteran

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    Ric, can you list your Pros/Cons on the debate as to whether we should resign Wootton or Allen?

6. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    I heard Biggs say the same thing but when Schefter tweets about it I tend to listen to him a bit more. I kinda hope we get Allen, we need someone who can be a sack machine and show aggressiveness

• Like Like x 1
  7. dabears

dabears Veteran

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    Hey BC, I would like to see Allen also but I don't know the FO's thinking on this. I just seem to think their are hedging their bets Wootton will recover 100% and they can sign him to a reasonable 3-4 year contract. He is decent and has some upside so there is that. It just boils down to the fact that we need to still address either the DE or DT position but I guess at this point it is easier to look at DE than DT and use the 1st on a good DT. Not sure though.

8. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +622 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    324ß
    I'd like the move for a short term 1-3 year deal as a way to solidify another spot on our d. We need a true pass rusher as Houston is a phenomional run stuffed but an average pass rusher. I don't think that wooton can be a 10-12 sack guy or will command many doubles to free up our 2 and 3. There is no quick fix for our secondary so without a pass rush it could be ugly (think GB and DET)

• Like Like x 2
  9. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    I would totally get allen now and draft a stud DT. Melton seems to be as good as gone and wooton is a (?) mark as well

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +622 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    324ß
    Keep in mind, Allen is poised for a big season wherever he goes. He has been blatant in stating the fact he wants to crack the top 10 sack list and get a ring before he retires. Kinda like, ya know, the opposite intangibles of Peppers.

• Like Like x 2