Bears talking to Jared Allen

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Marshall#15, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Marshall#15

Marshall#15 Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    1. [​IMG] Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 4h
      Overnight word on Jared Allen is that #Bears are not in the mix to sign him at the moment, per informed sources.

• Like Like x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß

BC, when it comes to the larger NFL scene I'll give weight to what Schefter says, but never would I give more weight then what a true long time local Bears beat guy says. Biggs has WAY more contacts in Halas Hall then Schefter does, if Allen was on the Bears radar Biggs would have heard something.

Dabears for the pros and cons of Allen vs Wootton, I'll give it a shot.

Allen: pro's: MUCH better overall player/leader/pass rusher. Cons age/cost
    Wootton: pro's cheaper/can play all along the line/younger. Cons' not near the pass rusher/coming off inj's.

I think that's overly simplified, but there ya go. I know we need a true pass rusher, but I'm not sure that Allen is going to give you that anymore, and will he be that effective playing 8 games at Soldier Field?

3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I like Corey W but the dude is made of glass. He's been hurt or had post-season surgery in 3 of his 4 first years. I kinda doubt we are going to sign Allen but I sure wouldn't mind. He's a pretty good stopgap vet option to play RDE and lets not forget that CW isn't cleared to practice until summer. It's not quite so simple as "just bring Wootton back".

4. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    Allen is a good player but I just dont like the guy, he has a few negative points in my mind, i want him here and i dont want him here, if u know what i mean

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,060ß
    I think Emery is going to be patient moving forward in FA. If some of these moves end up being value deals he will take advantage of the opportunity. Some of these vets may end up being amazingly high-value moves. Allen may or may not be one of these. I really like that about Emery. He is patient.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I love when some fans turn their nose up at a potential vet signing because he's "too old" or they don't like him from his days with a divisional rival. I doubt we are going to get Jared Allen for cost reasons, but he'd easily be our best best pash rusher if we did. He is a high motor player with a few years tread left on the tires. The guy had half the sacks alone last year (on a crappy overall team) that the entire Bears DL had combined.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    im glad u love it, im emotional bout football, not rational, unfortunately

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,865ß
    He's to much money for a 31 yr old, and I doubt he's looking for a 1-2 yr deal.

9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I realize he's not a realistic target for us. Just saying the reason for that isn't what some may say. He'd be a major upgrade over the trash we had at RDE last year. Peppers disappeared in all but 2 or 3 games. Allen is a few years younger and, at this stage in their respective careers, he's way better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. a_miljan

a_miljan Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    ur absolutely right, u know the reasons I 'hate' some guys on the other teams are the same reasons I would love them if they were DaBears

• Like Like x 1