Bears talking with San Fran?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, Apr 24, 2014.

1. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    This article has the Bears and San Fran talking trade for RB Lemichael James.
    http://www.sportsworldreport.com/ar...-mosley-targets-for-marc-trestman-defense.htm

To be honest, I'm not familiar with this source as I saw this posted in another forum, so I do not know if these guys really have any juice or if it's all just imaginary speculation. However, it is the first I've seen about any discussion the Bears have had with San Fransisco who owns several picks in this draft. I would be shocked if the Bears had any interest in a trade for James for a pick straight up ( why would Frisco want another late pick?), but it is evidence that they may be talking and James could a piece of a larger swap on draft day that allows the Bears to move down and get more.

Hey, it's something to talk about.
  2. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    I'd love to add him as our primary return man and backup RB.
  3. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    If it involves trading down in the draft then thanks but no thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    I would suggest that it depends on how it plays out. This may have no bearing on the first round at all, but it could play a role in the second or anywhere after that.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    SF needs a receiver. The only place they'll be looking to move up is in the first round. They may be able to get an impact receiver at #14 without having to pay as hefty a price as moving up into the top 10 would cost.

I also don't want to help a team that we have to play in a tough game in the 2nd week of the season.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,385 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    806ß
    I could be wrong, but didn't they have some fumble problems with him? Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.
  7. MikeV

MikeV Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    Would love to swap 5th round picks and get James, I've been interested in his services since his draft year...according to PFT the going rate will likely be a late round pick. Definitely a return option and could be an exciting #2 rb option for Trestman
    • Like Like x 1
  8. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +846 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    767ß
    You're thinking of Kyle Williams. ^^
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,887 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    889ß
    I don't mind helping a team we are going to face, because they will be helping us as well.
  10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +752 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    741ß
    San Francisco may be looking for a S also, they lost Whitner. And I would rather have the value in picks and find my own RB but I trust Emery and hopefully this will be an option when it is our time to pick that Emery has had time to mull over in advance, so I see nothing wrong with Knowing your options.
  11. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +378 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    James has trouble running behind SF's offensive line and can't hold onto a ball. He sucks. I hope we do not go anywhere near him.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,990 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,006ß
    James had 1 fubmle in 39 carriers, which wasn't lost., don't know if you could make a legit say if he has a fumble problem or not. He's averaged over 4.5 carried in each of his 2 years, but again you are talking about a guy w/only 39 carries think the jury is still pretty much out on him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14890/lamichael-james
  13. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +378 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    James had 12 fumbles in college. He fumbled once in two years on 39 carries in the NFL. Let's not forget his two postseason fumbles. Those count too.

Super Bowl score: LaMichael James fumble ends 49ers' drive in Ravens' territory

Fumble during NFC Championship 49ers vs Seahawks

The 49ers are looking to dump this guy because they do not trust him anymore. It's why he's got so few carries. I don't like the way he runs inside during his time in the NFL. He's got great straight line speed, but it's like watching Garrett Wolfe all over again.
  14. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,990 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,006ß
    ESPN only shows 1 post season fumble on 12 carries over 2 years, it was lost, so that's 2 fubmles on 50+ carries and however many rec's(he didn't fumbles any rec's). He might have fumbles on returns but espn doesn't show fumbles on returns.

Again I don't think i see anything definative that he's got a fubmle problem or not. You don't like the way he runs, and he reminds you of Wolfe, then okay that's plenty of reason not to like him but I don't think anyone can say w/out question he's a fumbler.
  15. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +378 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    Eh, I don't care what ESPN's postseason stats say. You had to have seen his SB fumble, and there's a video replay of the kickoff return fumble in the playoffs in the link I have. That's two postseason fumbles of which both were lost, one during the Superbowl, and one during the NFL championship. That's not a clutch player for a guy that sees minimal carries as spot relief.

In his draft scouting reports, it was listed as an issue that he has fumbling problems with 12 fumbles in his college career. It's not as easy as just looking at his stats. He's a quick fast runner as long as no one touches him.
  16. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,990 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,006ß
    hey i'm not advocating for him; i'm just saying for a guy 2 yrs in the league w/less has less then 100 touches I don't know that you can define him as anything. Forte had 6 fumbles in sophmore year but it didn't define him as a fumbler over his career.

I'm more concerned that you think he looks like Wolfe. That's why you don't trade for him, or if he's cut you don't bring him in.
  17. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    361ß
    Sleeping with the enemy.
  18. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,385 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    806ß
    We just signed the kid who averaged 1/2 yard per carry last year, so we're "good" at RB. Of course if we sign this guy who can't hang onto the ball we'll have 2 studs at RB. Maybe they're gonna let Forte go if we are loaded at RB like this. :lol 027:
  19. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,570 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    789ß
    If only we could find a way to merge their skills. We could have a guy that fumbles it before getting his 1/2 yard.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    361ß
    LaMicheal James might welcome a fresh start, but the San Francisco 49ers have no plans to acquiesce to the running back's perceived desires.

James skipped the team's voluntary workouts this week and has been the subject of trade rumors.

General manager Trent Baalke said Friday, via the San Francisco Chronicle, that the 49ers have zero intentions of trading the shifty runner.

Baalke added that his understanding was James is working out in Texas due to the recent birth of his child, according to The Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows.

James found time on the field as a kick returner last season, but remains stuck at the back end of the running back rotation in San Francisco.

With Marcus Lattimore on pace to battle for a role, James has another fight on his hands on the depth chart behind starter Frank Gore and veteran Kendall Hunter.

Baalke, however, has no current designs on giving up on the former Oregon standout.