Bears talking with San Fran?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, Apr 24, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,832 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    87ß
    Dumpster diving at its finest. They'll feel right at home with our TE Fendi who can't catch a ball to save his soul.
  2. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +168 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    Sorry .. i just cant keep away from this :

Fendi Onobun with sliced tomatos ...sliced pickles ... GREEN relish and onions.

Its a CHICAGO treat !
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    FWIW

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...rent-baalke-talks-lamichael-james-aldon-smith

Trent Baalke talks LaMichael James, Aldon Smith

LaMichael James might welcome a fresh start, but the San Francisco 49ers have no plans to acquiesce to the running back's perceived desires.
    James skipped the team's voluntary workouts this week and has been the subject of trade rumors.

General manager Trent Baalke said Friday, via the San Francisco Chronicle, that the 49ers have zero intentions of trading the shifty runner. Baalke added that his understanding was James is working out in Texas due to the recent birth of his child, according to The Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows.

James found time on the field as a kick returner last season, but remains stuck at the back end of the running back rotation in San Francisco.

With Marcus Lattimore on pace to battle for a role, James has another fight on his hands on the depth chart behind starter Frank Gore and veteran Kendall Hunter.

Baalke, however, has no current designs on giving up on the former Oregon standout.

--------------------

Maybe they were just talking about trading down and James was smokescreen, who knows?
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +486 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    Here is something from the rumor mill. Hope we get the better part of the deal if it us.
    upload_2014-4-26_8-32-23.png
  5. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    I continue to hear rumors that the 49ers will likely try to trade up to grab one of the top receivers. If a receiver is their target, we could be in the perfect spot to try and gain some of their picks. It would cost them a fortune to break into the top 5 or even 10, but at 14, that could be affordable. It also might be the perfect spot for them. The Steelers pick at 15 and while most project they will go Defense, some have been mocking them with a WR. Most mocks have anywhere from 2 to 4 receivers going between us and San Fran.

Now, I'm still not really advocating for this, but there IS a helluva lot of value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year. I'm not even for it if the points are "OK", but if they start getting nervous (if say, 2 receivers go before us), we could stand a pretty good chance to pillage their 2014 draft. If we walk away with a nice haul (uneven points in our favor), then I'm good with that.
  6. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +579 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    It's gonna be more difficult to find a trading partner than we think. Baltimore, Buffalo, Oakland and St. Louis are also looking to trade down.
  7. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +932 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    233ß
    Trading up into those slots has a fairly steep pricetag.

NY Jets have 12 picks and have acknowledged the desire to move around during the draft.
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,465 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    257ß
    they have steep price tags until NYJ start a bidding war for their ability to drop back, which is what will happen.

again THIS draft is about it's depth, not it's top talent so the value at the top is not as high as it's normal value.
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +990 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I don't know where this misconception keeps coming from. Yes, this draft appears to have some good depth at CB, DT, and WR especially. But I disagree with the notion that it's somehow "weak at the top".

Clowney is a once-a-decade type DE prospect. Mack isn't shabby as an OLB one either.
    Watkins (perhaps Evans too) is as good a WR rookie as you could ask for.
    Robinson and Matthews are both stud Ts who have rookie pro-bowl potential.
    Donald is one of the most impressive 1-gap interior penetrating DLman prospects in years.
    They're probably 5-6 DBs who are first round worthy.
    And, even though none of them look like Andrew Luck in terms of readiness, I'll bet you 4-5 QBs will go in 1.

So it doesn't have the panache of the Luck/RG3 drama of a few years ago but this draft isn't "weak" up top at all. The Bears actually have a pretty good chance at 14 of having a darn good D player fall right into their lap.
  10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,465 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    257ß
    According to the Pitt GM(who's got my respect) there are 8 elite players in this draft. Don't know about others misconception, but that's where mine comes from, I'll take the Pitt GM's opinion over just about anyones.

The rest of the draft has a ton of good players, but little seperates them from the next guy, players available at 14 are not going to have a huge grade compared to the guy getting drafted in the 20's.