Bears talking with San Fran?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, Apr 24, 2014.

1. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    James has trouble running behind SF's offensive line and can't hold onto a ball. He sucks. I hope we do not go anywhere near him.

• Like Like x 2
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

James had 1 fubmle in 39 carriers, which wasn't lost., don't know if you could make a legit say if he has a fumble problem or not. He's averaged over 4.5 carried in each of his 2 years, but again you are talking about a guy w/only 39 carries think the jury is still pretty much out on him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14890/lamichael-james

3. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

James had 12 fumbles in college. He fumbled once in two years on 39 carries in the NFL. Let's not forget his two postseason fumbles. Those count too.

Super Bowl score: LaMichael James fumble ends 49ers' drive in Ravens' territory

Fumble during NFC Championship 49ers vs Seahawks

The 49ers are looking to dump this guy because they do not trust him anymore. It's why he's got so few carries. I don't like the way he runs inside during his time in the NFL. He's got great straight line speed, but it's like watching Garrett Wolfe all over again.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ESPN only shows 1 post season fumble on 12 carries over 2 years, it was lost, so that's 2 fubmles on 50+ carries and however many rec's(he didn't fumbles any rec's). He might have fumbles on returns but espn doesn't show fumbles on returns.

Again I don't think i see anything definative that he's got a fubmle problem or not. You don't like the way he runs, and he reminds you of Wolfe, then okay that's plenty of reason not to like him but I don't think anyone can say w/out question he's a fumbler.

5. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Eh, I don't care what ESPN's postseason stats say. You had to have seen his SB fumble, and there's a video replay of the kickoff return fumble in the playoffs in the link I have. That's two postseason fumbles of which both were lost, one during the Superbowl, and one during the NFL championship. That's not a clutch player for a guy that sees minimal carries as spot relief.

In his draft scouting reports, it was listed as an issue that he has fumbling problems with 12 fumbles in his college career. It's not as easy as just looking at his stats. He's a quick fast runner as long as no one touches him.

6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

hey i'm not advocating for him; i'm just saying for a guy 2 yrs in the league w/less has less then 100 touches I don't know that you can define him as anything. Forte had 6 fumbles in sophmore year but it didn't define him as a fumbler over his career.

I'm more concerned that you think he looks like Wolfe. That's why you don't trade for him, or if he's cut you don't bring him in.

7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Sleeping with the enemy.

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

We just signed the kid who averaged 1/2 yard per carry last year, so we're "good" at RB. Of course if we sign this guy who can't hang onto the ball we'll have 2 studs at RB. Maybe they're gonna let Forte go if we are loaded at RB like this. :lol 027:

9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

If only we could find a way to merge their skills. We could have a guy that fumbles it before getting his 1/2 yard.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

LaMicheal James might welcome a fresh start, but the San Francisco 49ers have no plans to acquiesce to the running back's perceived desires.

James skipped the team's voluntary workouts this week and has been the subject of trade rumors.

General manager Trent Baalke said Friday, via the San Francisco Chronicle, that the 49ers have zero intentions of trading the shifty runner.

Baalke added that his understanding was James is working out in Texas due to the recent birth of his child, according to The Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows.

James found time on the field as a kick returner last season, but remains stuck at the back end of the running back rotation in San Francisco.

With Marcus Lattimore on pace to battle for a role, James has another fight on his hands on the depth chart behind starter Frank Gore and veteran Kendall Hunter.

Baalke, however, has no current designs on giving up on the former Oregon standout.