Bears vs. Saints - what are your predictions?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Oct 1, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,188 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    532ß
    BIH, I think that if we don't turn the ball over, (and consequently beat ourselves), then we have a shot at winning this game. I've come to believe that turnovers dictate the outcome of the majority of games. You just can't turnover the ball 4 or 5 times and expect to win many games.

Even though our defense has some significant problems this year, if we protect the football better on offense, I believe we will still win a lot of games, even big games like Sunday against the Saints. The defense can play better, and I think they will be able to improve LB play as the season goes on, which will help. I re-watched the Detroit game last night, and quite a bit of our woes were not isolated to the DL. The new LB's were not always where they should have been to stop run plays. They were late diagnosing the play and responding accordingly. They have the speed/talent to do better. I'm thinking they will improve. The DL "is what it is" for this year, but the LB play will get better.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    If Cutler and the defense plays like they did in the first 3 games the Bears will win.....nuff said.

Bears 35
    Saints 24

BEAR DOWNNNNNN DAMMIT !!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Rogelio

Rogelio Veteran

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    Holy fuck! This is why I stayed away from this board and all sports media the last two days. Seeing the Suntimes headline "bad Jay at the office" just reinforced my decision.

So, Jay plays well the first three games, including two late game-winning drives. Meanwhile, the defense is crap, other than getting turnovers. In game four, the defense is somehow worse, and Cutler has a bad game, so it's "OMAGURD JAY!!!1!" Do you really think that the defense has been okay? They were poor for three weeks and horrendous on Sunday. Reggie Bush is not a good football player, but he was Gayle Sayers out there against us. And Detroit made a whole bunch of errors, which is the only reason we held them under 50. Cutler had one bad game out of 4, while learning a new system and trying to unlearn the failure of the last four years. The Defense has had four bad games, while playing in the same scheme they played in last year. But I knew as soon as the score went final on Sunday, Cutler would shoulder all the blame and people would say "Well, then he should have scored us 41!"
    • Like Like x 2
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,188 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    532ß
    It's not all on Cutler - there is plenty of blame to go around - offense, defense AND special teams. But Jay himself knows he can't give the ball to the opponent 4 times and win. He knows that. The coaches & players know that. We know that. Hopefully, he'll do better.
  5. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    As someone who owns the Bears Defense in Fantasy Football I am actually sitting their Defense and starting the FALCONS!!!!

My pick
    Saints 45
    Bears 38
  6. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    The Saints game is a MUST WIN. If you think the Bears can just lose this one at home, then you are nothing more than a Cutler sycophant. He has to show up and play and put pts on the board. The D will play a lot better if HEADCASE Cutler actually looks like an NFL QB. GTFO with this loser mentality that the Saints are tough and thus we should be prepared for a loss. NO. The Bears need to rise up, if they actually plan on making noise. Otherwise, let's pack this shit up for 2013.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    Well Jay is going to have to have a big game here. He must bounce back because we are going to need 37 points MIN to win IMO. Offensively, I think we need to take a few shots at the big play. Shots down field, that Y reverse off the fake iso. I'm sure Tresty has many things we havent seen yet. But combining big plays with solid drives to try to dictate the game. Would be great to go up 10-0 early and try to get NO a bit one dimensional. Sean Payton is a good coach but he will get pass happy if we give him a reason to. On Defense we MUST find a way to get pressure. I would like to think our front 4 steps up but Pep dosent look like the same player and the rest look like crap. Likely that will mean trying to force TOs off of blitzes, but Breese is damn good so well see how it goes. No matter how you spin it this is a big game IMO.
  8. Rogelio

Rogelio Veteran

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    I fully agree that Jay has to play better. I was pissed off about his play on Sunday. However, among fan reaction (judging by my Facebook wall) and the media, the entire reaction to the game was "Jay was horrible and this loss was 100% on him." While Jay's play was unacceptable, the defense was worse and had been a huge problem this season. As for Jay, I thought of it as a learning experience. If Jay had nothing but easy games, I don't think we would be able to say definitively that Trestman had "fixed" him. Watching tape and practicing in a red jersey can only do so much. You don't get better without getting severely tested. I think it might have taken a game like this under Trestman for Jay to better analyze what happens when things go wrong and how to better control the game when that happens. You can tell the doctor that you have a strange cough, but unless you happen to cough while you're in the doctor's office, he probably won't be able to accurately treat it. Trestman is the doctor here, or at least we have to hope he is. Jay is still learning, and I think he'll be better prepared next time.

Realistically, the Lions will be lucky to win 8 games this year. They aren't a good team, and that is why they made so many mistakes. Even with as terrible as the Bears' defense was, they were still in a position where they could have won the game (if they scored a little earlier and had time to punch it in once more at the end to at least send it into OT). I think Jay will see that looking at the tape. He should have done what he did in the other three games, and not force it as much. If he just played a mediocre game of throwing dump-downs, they still could have potentially won.

So while I was not pleased with Jay's play, at at least somewhat understand it and think it might be useful longterm that it happened. But I don't see any learning curve for the defense or any excuse for the terrible performance they've put up over four games.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    Brees and Sean Payton have been together for too many years and they are clicking like a high end timepiece right now.

I just think that the experience and talent they have will be the reason they win. Not to mention their Defense has improved while our has taken a step back.

IT will take the best game we have played this year on all three phases to beat this team. That means a lot of pressure on Brees, Cutler being great, and Special Teams having a big day.

I will be on the edge of my seat watching every minute, and hoping for a win.
  10. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    You're 100% correct 99. TOs will be the biggest key this week as it is most weeks. The sad part is we have to win the TO battle to have a decent chance of winning this game, where as the Saints can maybe get away with losing the TO battle & still win. If we are at least +2 we got a good shot.

I'm not sure why but I think somehow we pull this one out.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    I don't think this is a must win, but I do think its a must show up game...and I think they do...
  12. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,397 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    514ß
    I do think they will show up big time. They are going to battle hard this Sunday.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    A consistent running game wouldn't hurt either.
  14. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    At this point I'm not sure just what to think. I'm still cautiously optimistic but the defense worries me. ST's as well. Too early to predict anything.
  15. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    In order to really win this game the bears will have to shutdown the pass and force NO to run the ball. If they cant stop the checkdowns and long balls were ****ed
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,188 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    532ß
    The special teams unit is sure disappointing. What's up with that? Is that coaching, or did we lose some key ST's players?
  17. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,397 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    514ß
    I really think it just has to be a step down in coaches for both. I do love the fact that Hester has just been made to be a returner. That is what he is great at. Let the man do his thing.
  18. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    I think that loosing Toub is the biggest factor.
    :(
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Losing Marenlli is. I didnt like the Tucker signing and i still dont. Guys in Jacksonville couldnt play for him and they sucked.
  20. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    ^^This^^

Toub was one of those rare guys who identified talent & could scheme around the deficiencies. A rare breed...
    • Like Like x 1