Bears' window to win now

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ChiCityBears, Sep 14, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    I agree, and on top of that, he'd just arrived here. He still got Brandon Marshall for peanuts (two third round picks). He got Alshon Jeffery too. I expect AJ to be in his share of Pro Bowls over the years.

I realize folks want to wet their panties, wring their hands and worry - no matter HOW great we do under this new regime. But I'm sitting back and enjoying the ride. It's a great time to be a Chicago Bears fan.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +600 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    275ß
    Another key variable is how good your coaches do at developing young players to achieve their full potential, and come up with a system your group of players can execute. That's what separates good coaches from great coaches. Think Don Shula.

Drafting, free agents, trades, player development/playbook. It all matters, and successful franchises do them all well. Time will tell, but I think we are on track.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    97ß
    This ^^^^^

David, that is a GREAT point. Huge. We've suffered through several years of a coaching staff that could not develop talent on offense, if their life depended upon it. We couldn't draft solid offensive weapons, and we couldn't coach up talent on "O" to save our souls. We ended up with an OL that was the scum of the NFL. We had our head coach tell us that Devin Hester was a #1 wide receiver. We had stone-handed receivers and TE's who couldn't catch or run routes worth crap.

Heaven knows we couldn't draft and develop a QB here.

Now we HAVE a staff that can bring in top-tier talent AND coach 'em up when they get here. The years of futility and failure are past. Time to enjoy being a Chicago Bears fan.

The three stooges are gone guys. No worries now!

[​IMG]