Bears worked out 5 QBs Tuesday

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by little bear, Aug 30, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,403 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,888ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    ZZ just reported that Blanchard had hand surgery and will take 4-6 weeks to recover

2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,900 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,101ß
    Just 6 weeks? Man, why didn't they put him on the PUp list?!

I'd take Blanchard over any other washed up backup QB any day of the week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,900 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,101ß
    GB released Vince Young. I didn't see this one coming.

4. James Gorman

James Gorman Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    QB Tim Tebow was just released ...i know there is allot of contraversy surrounding him. but i believe most of that is the fact that he keeps getting bounced around from team to team, having to learn a new playbook. If the Bears could pick up his contract at a fairly low rate of 630,000 (for a former starting QB) as 2nd string or third. To give him 2-3 seasons to learn the plays and how the Bears play. I could see Tim being a very solid secondary if Cutler ever gets injured.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,403 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,888ß
    Just say no to Tebow. If Mcdumbdumb and Kraft couldn't convense Bellecheat to keep him, then there is no fixing Tebow. NE was his best place to be able to sit back and learn how to qb w/out the worry of ever having to see the field, if he couldn't do it there then he's done.

6. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    For Tebow to have any success in the NFL he needs to play H-Back IMO. He has the size to do it but the question is would he be willing to? That is the question.

• Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,403 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,888ß
    JP, I agree I heard some people that watched his practices and play say his throwing mostion actually got worse from his days in Denver. Guy, much like every other FL qb, was not cut to play in the NFL.

He might work as an H-Back, but that means a guy w/a learning disability, has to learn a completely new position w/run routes, passing routes and blocking and blitz assignments. Good luck w/that. Dude is not long to play in the NFL. Just another failed FL qb who's fanbase got excited b/c they don't know that college and the NFL are different beasts.

8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,946 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,035ß
    I'm afraid TT is done as an NFL player. The ship sailed long ago on converting from a "QB" to a TE or FB or H-back type. Tebow was stubborn on insisting that he was a QB when he obviously never had the passing skills to succeed at that in the NFL. A few years ago some teams might have invested the time in him to teach him a new skill set but its too late now at his age.

9. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Veteran

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    315ß
    Haha, I like what you did there, but I hope he doesn't become "Hands of Stone" 2.0

EDIT: Just learned he got cut. Oh well, guess some other team will take a chance on him now.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  10. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,598 / 0 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    792ß
    I'll take keeping cinnabon over Webbhead any day. At least in this case I would think that they would know he is a project and not foist him upon us. Still, as of now he is Davis 2.0