Bears' WR, TE roster battles wide open

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 22, 2013.

1. short faced bear

short faced bear
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    840ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'd like to see us keep Fiammetta as a FB but he just may be PS.

2. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,317ß
    It's a shame HH doesn't have the balls to finally move on from Hester. He's taking up a roster spot just for returning kicks. Are you kidding me?! -_-

We all know that there are enough guys on the team that can return KOs and punts. EBennett, Weems, Ford just to name a few. Hell, even FS Tom Nelson was a KR in HS and college.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,118ß
    not just returning kicks Lil B, he's been lining up to try and block kicks also

4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,266ß
    The only TE on the roster I like is Bennett. The others are very mediocre players at best (Pope is the best of the mediocre TE's). It is tough to watch them practice and play because we clearly need better talent behind Bennett. If Bennett goes down to injury we're pretty screwed at TE. It makes me sick to think about, because the TE will be very important this year.....especially in a Trestman offense. We need to draft a guy who can catch the football.

I actually feel pretty pumped about our WR's. I believe we have more talent there this year, than I've seen in 50 years of Bears football. I've never cared much for Weems, but I have to admit he's looked a notch better this year receiving - and he's a stud on ST's. He's better than in past years. No way he's getting cut.

Wilson is amazing. I hoped he'd be a stud, but I also thought he'd be a very rough "project" this year. But he's amazing. He's not too far behind Alshon Jeffery (although he does need to bulk up over the off-season). Wilson is a lock to make the roster. He's our future (with Jeffery) at WR. Those two are the young guns we'll need in future years.

Anderson is solid too. It would be a shame to see him get cut. So, B.Marsh, Alshon, Bennett, Wilson, Anderson & Weems. I can't see keeping DA. He's a very mediocre player with zero upside. I just don't see how he helps us much when we have exciting young players with tremendous upside. Also, I would love to see the 6'5" Tolliver make the practice squad. He's looked good receiving and as a gunner on ST's. He had one heck of a solid tackle on ST's.....he looks fast for a tall guy. Anyone know what his 4o time is?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Adibear

Adibear
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    Not so worried about the WR"s it's the TE"s that has me concerned ..we don't really have a blocking go to guy IMO

6. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,317ß
    Honestly, I don't think he can blcok either. But that's just my opinion.

7. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,317ß

2 QB: Cutler, Edwards or McCown (Blanchard on the PUP list or IR)
    4 RB: Forte, Bush, Ford, Fiammetta
    6 WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Anderson, Wilson, Weems
    3 TE: Bennett, Maneri, Adams
    8 OL: Bushrod, Slauson, Garza, Long, Mills, Webb, Scott, Williams
    9 DL: Peppers, Melton, Paea, Wootton, McClellin, Washington, Collins, Minter, Moore or Williams
    6 LB: Briggs, Williams, Anderson, Bostic, Greene, Thomas
    5 CB: Tillman, Jennings, Bowman, McManis, Frey
    6 S: Wright, Conte, Hardin, Zbikowski, Nelson, Steltz
    4 ST: Gould, Podlesh, Mannelly, Hester
    -----

Problem solved. :)

8. Bearstuff

Bearstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    828ß
    Fixed it for ya. Can't believe you left off James Brown or Leonard Pope. Edwin Williams ain't making the team, leaving room for Britton. I also think Walters makes the team over Zbitkowski or Nelson.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,928ß
    boy... IDK. If Hester can get back to his old form, there are not too many players that can affect a game like he used to. Sometimes he would score twice in a game and he would virtually guarantee great field position because they would either try to kick away from him and sometimes get usgood position or he would run it back for about 20 even on a bad return. He was really one of those rare game changers that put you on the edge of your seat.

We have not seen it in a while, but Lovie neutered him. Why you would have the leagues best returner EVER as an active roster player and then try to turn him into something else is beyond me. Brady is the best QB out there. It would be like trying to turn him into a CB or something but still put him out there to make throws every so often. He would suck at CB and he probably would not do as well at QB either.

Lovie was nuts.

• Like Like x 4
  10. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,317ß
    Sorry JD. Totally forgot Brown. ^^

• Like Like x 1