Best QB in the AFCN

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by The Benjamin, Sep 20, 2013.

?

Best QB in AFCN

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Vote and discuss
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    285ß
    might suck in the reg season, but you get Flacco in the post and he's gold.
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +580 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    132ß
    Still not sold on Flacco. He had one good post season and that's it. He's average at best in the reg season.

Dalton has the potential to be a great QB. I said great, not elite.

Weeden... Well poor guy is trying his best but the whole team is screwed up and Norv Turner can't run an offense.

Big Ben had to deal with a bad oline for several years and still managed to win two SBs.
  4. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    One good post season? He has more post season victories than anyone I think. Check his postseason stats. The dude is average in the regular season, but he is money come the playoffs
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    285ß
    Flacco's one of the best post season QB's NFL History!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Flacco

In his rookie year, Flacco started all 16 regular season games, and by leading the Ravens to two road wins in the 2008–09 NFL Playoffs, he became both the eighth rookie quarterback in NFL history to start a playoff game and the first rookie quarterback in league history to win two of them.
    In his second season, he improved his numbers, setting single season franchise records for completion percentage (63.1) and quarterback rating (88.9), and in
    his third season he became first all-time in Ravens history for passing yards (10,206) and passing touchdowns (60). Flacco has set consecutive NFL records for most starts by a quarterback in each of his five seasons,[1] bringing his team to the playoffs and winning at least one postseason game in each of those years.
    With Flacco as Baltimore's starting quarterback, the Ravens have won the AFC North twice, appeared in three AFC Championship Games, and won Super Bowl XLVII. Flacco was named Super Bowl XLVII's MVP, concluding a postseason run in which he tied Joe Montana's single postseason record for touchdown passes (11) without an interception.

Not convinced by him? Had 1 good post seaosn? All he's done is throw 11 TD's and no int's which ties him with, arguably, the greatest QB ever.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  6. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +580 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    132ß
    11 TDs without an INT. And yet he's still got only one ring.

Good stats mean nothing if you can't win it all. Dan Marino has extremely good nubmers but he's nowhere near the Top 3 of best QBs ever.

I'll take Brady's TDs AND INTs in the post season with 3 SB wins over Flacco any day.

Let Flacco win two more Super Bowls then we can talk.
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    285ß
    He's been in the league 5 years and has 1 SB....he has been to the playoffs every year he's been in the NFL, what else could you possibly want from your QB?

Brady's been in the league almost 3x's as long, drafted in 2000 compared to Flacco 2008, I'll take a SB ring 1x in the 5 years w/the window still wide open, over 3 in 13 and the window quickly slamming shut.

and wth does tom brady have to do w/any of these guys?!?!? This is about the div, it's a conversation about Big Ben and Flacco, Ben has 2 rings in 9 years and again, window closed man.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    bump for votes
  9. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    Not a fan, but big Ben squeaks by.
  10. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +605 / 5 / -20
    ßearz ßuckz:
    295ß
    Close call. I guess I'd take Flacco, but switch to Big Ben if my OL is shaky. All other divisions in NFL are "no-brainer" decisions IMO.
  11. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,245 / 8 / -7
    ßearz ßuckz:
    136ß
    Ugh, I know my logic probably won't stand up here, especially with the way he's played so far this season, but I think Dalton, at least in the long run. Big Ben's first super bowl run was NOT built around the QB, and in fact, he had a much, much worse game than Rex Grossman did (plus the refs outright changed the course of the game; I am among many who believe the Steelers did not deserve that SB) and he gets by a lot more on how big he is, and how athletic he is for a big guy. Honestly, he and Eli Manning are the LUCKIEST QBs in the game today. That is to say, of all the QBs who have won a SB in the past decade, they are the least deserving. Flacco is dealing with a loss of talent, and a banged up running back right now. Flacco is in the second tier of QB's (Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Brees are the only elites, end of discussion), and will have a nice career. Hoyer is just a place holder, unless he continues to win games for Cleveland (hint: he won't), but going back to Dalton, I really think the Bengals need to make a type of deal like the Falcons did to get Julio Jones, for him to see his full potential. Maybe a better running back. Regardless, right now, I'd take Flacco over him, but I'd say in the future, Dalton.
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    285ß
    OOOOOooooh Henry you and I agree 100% on that SB vs Sea. omg that pissed me off and I had no vested intrest in it. The Refs through a flag against Sea's O everytime they got momentum in the 1st half, it completely changed the way they played, they were timid and slow off the snap the rest of the game. And when their D got a stop it was a holding or PI everytime. By 1/2 time Sea was beaten by the Refs and the game was over.
    And I'd notch that up to just a bad ref crew except if you watched all of the little snips going in and out of commercial breaks it was always a Steeler talking about what it would meant to win a SB, only 2 Sea players were shown compared to nearly a dozen Pitt players. Thats when I new the fix was in. I haven't looked at a SB or even the reg season the same again. I love the game, I love the violence and the big plays, but I know that anytime the NFL wants to they can easily get the outcomes they want.