Biggest Steal in NFC North Draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by jackiejokeman, May 15, 2014.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'm with ya on Barr, I don't see it. Maybe as a Jack OLB but this guy is Shea taken 10 picks higher if they try to move him to DE. Glad Minny fell for it this time and not me.

2. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    217ß
    If you ask me every single draft pick is drafted on potential. Look at Aaron Curry, the LB from Wake Forest (if I remember right). He was considered far and wide to be the safest pick in all of the draft. He's no longer on his original team and is hoping to be average at best. There are no sure things in the NFL Draft. People look at Luck and say he's a sure thing but who knows, if someone else drafted him and a certain series of unfortunate events happened, ranging from talent surrounding him to coaching, you don't know what Luck could/would have been. Right now we don't know what any of these players will be. There's player who never amount to anything from the 1st pick to UDFA's and there's Hall of Famers who've been drafted in every round and even some UDFA's.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,779ß
    There are a lot of question marks with this guy as a top-10 pick. He had an off Combine, but If I understand it correctly, he ran a 4.41 at his pro day at 255 pounds. Here's a good article on why the Vikings drafted his so high. I'm not saying I agree with their logic, but it's giving a reason why they thought he was worth the pick LINK.

I will always wonder what would have happened if we had played Shea as a LB his first year instead of trying to make him a DL guy. It may have been a much better fit from day-1. At least the Vikings are planning on playing Barr as a LB instead of "fattening him up" and trying to play him out of position. He may be solid at LB, and hopefully Shea will be solid this year at LB.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    Shea well could have been a good late 1st round pick if he had went to a 3-4 team.

I'd point out that Barr is going to a Vikings team that ran a 3-4 last year(according to the NFL.com depth chart for them), so he already has a leg up on Shea.

5. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,047ß
    Well, I would add that Shea ran that time 5 pounds heavier, but it's semantics. Also, just because one is taller does not mean they can add weight easier. I don't know...I'm just glad the Vikings picked him.

6. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,047ß
    I don't think Aaron Curry is even in the NFL anymore. That was one of the worst picks ever! HE never should have been the first linebacker taken in that draft.

7. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,047ß
    The Vikings ran a 3-4 last year?

8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,047ß
    I just checked...according to that site the Bears are running a 3-4 too. I think thats just the default.

• Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,770ß
    wierd, okay, the reason I ran w/that is there were a lot of talk by even the players that a switch might be coming. I knew they were always a 4-3 prior, but between the articles about a switch to 3-4 and the nfl.com I assumed they did.

10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    217ß
    And yet he was talked about far and wide as the safe pick. Hindsight is 20/20 but leading up to the draft he was supposed to be a sure thing.